Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Poker is on a distinguished road
Default WNDAP 330 ->"received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter"

Just bought a WNDAP330, pretty expensive thing.
I just trashed a DLINK DIR655, that is some peace of crap, but reading what users here think about the WNDAP330 seems as I am back in WIFI-madness again.
The WNDAP is working much better than the DLINK.
Now I get this in the logg:
received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter
A XP-laptop gets disconnected all the time.
The WNDAP needs to be restarted to pick up the LAPTOPS again sometimes.

The patchantenna I moved and I replaced the antennas with ones with higher DBs. I did get a whole lot better signal. Only running in 2,4GHz mode.
All help with received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter is appriciated.
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

floz23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDAP 330 ->"received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker View Post
Just bought a WNDAP330, pretty expensive thing.
I just trashed a DLINK DIR655, that is some peace of crap, but reading what users here think about the WNDAP330 seems as I am back in WIFI-madness again.
The WNDAP is working much better than the DLINK.
Now I get this in the logg:
received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter
A XP-laptop gets disconnected all the time.
The WNDAP needs to be restarted to pick up the LAPTOPS again sometimes.

The patchantenna I moved and I replaced the antennas with ones with higher DBs. I did get a whole lot better signal. Only running in 2,4GHz mode.
All help with received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter is appriciated.
Sorry, I can't help you. The best thing I can say is that I am looking at this router as a replacement:

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=697

-Adam
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mzoran is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDAP 330 ->"received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter"

I'm starting to think that no good draft N access points are available. All the access points from the various companies seem to have trouble with dropped or frozen connections.

It makes me wonder if even the several thousand dollar Cisco draft N access points work.
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:51 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Does anybody know if the wireless routers work better then the access points? I've been reading on the web that many wireless routers can be turned into access points by not connecting the WAN port disabling some settings.
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

regarding if Wireless vs Access ponts, I have a DIR655 DLINK. The WLAN never worked, dropps signal so often it was useless. i started a thread at DLINK forum:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?PH...7e&board=175.0
"(A) possible solution for the signal drop outs"
It is the largest wieved post at DLINK-forum.
When i wrote that the solution was that I turned the radio off inte DLINK, bought a NETGEAR WNDAP330 at hooked that into the DIR655, (loke replacing the radio in the DIR655) and now my WLAN works, DLINK xxx-out what i did and locked the thread.
This still gives me a headache with the NETGEAR:
received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter.
NETGEAR supports answers:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is using a replay counter that did not increment from the previously used value and as such, the supplicant is required to drop the frame to avoid replay attacks.

There are two possible explanations for this:
1) There was (re-)association, but the association event was lost
somewhere (association clears the replay counter, so the new frame would have been valid)
2) The AP has a bug in re-authentication case.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To solve that is not an easy task...especially if there is a bug..
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I think it's a firmware bug in the WNDAP330.

BTW, I broke down and bought a cheap consumer access point from D-Link( DAP-1522 ) and the quality is much better. The range in 5GHz mode is shorter then the WNDAP330( It's was already very short), I'm guessing because it has internal antannas.

I still get dropped connnections from time to time, but it's very rare. I can consistently copy 40GB files through explorer over the WLAN connection. This would never work with the WNDAP330 as the connection would always drop during the transfer.

I've also noticed the D-Link device is faster. At a few feet from the access point in 5GHz mode, the best actual throughput I would see from transfers is about 70Mbps. With the D-Link I see bursts of 120mbps that last several seconds. Explorer reports a sustained transfer rate of 10MB/s.

The D-Link doesn't have all the fancy business features and the UI treats you like an idiot, but it does show up in the Windows Network Map where you can click on the icon to open the management page.

For the $260 that I paid for the WNDAP330 from amazon.com, I was able to buy 2 DAP-1522s at retail price from Fry's.

It looks like with Draft-N the quality is very random. You can't say one manufacture is better then the other because different models seem to be very different in performance and reliability.
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Hi mzoran.
Comparing the WNDAP and the DLINK 655 is like night and day, where the DLINK is a complete darkness.
When I struggeled hard with my DLINK, I got in contact with a nice and clever person at the DLINK forum called EddieZ. He gave me a tip to turn off Wireless Zero Config, and that makes my WLAN much more steady.
We both gave 100% on solving why the DLINK so often dropped the WLAN, but gave up. We did however find improvements.
here is a link howto:
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/2000.html
My WLAN works pretty good now.
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Well..with "pretty good" I mean better than with he DLLINK.
However, the NETGEAR disconnects to but I have found out that traveling to the moon is easier than building a working WLAN, here is my logg, nnone has a answer on why it disconnects for "disassociated" or
"Jan 1 16:50:17 (none) hostapd: wifi0vap0: STA 00:1c:f0:ec:59:90 WPA: received EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter"

No solution at all, not even from them who builds this crap.
I been Googeling this, there is so many people having exactly the same problem, but no solutions.
In the next update I wish there was two options:
"do not accept disassociated" and
"ignore EAPOL-Key 2/2 Group with unexpected replay counter".
But I propably will be dead by then since the brains behind the the software or FW or hardware/manufacturer has no clue on has to fix this.
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:54 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

There are 2 laptops working wireless. one is a MAC, the other is a PECE.
It is only the PECE who gets disconnected (of cource)
The Apple-machine works perfect Wireless.
Maybe it is something with Micro$ucks?