Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Angelusdal is on a distinguished road
Default Wireless Network wont connect after reboot

I have a NetGear WGR614v6 wireless router which I had connected to my comp wired with no problems whatsoever as i had my playstation 3 connected to it wirelessly with no loss of connection at all. I then decided to make my PC wireless, so, I went and purchased a NetGear WG111v3 adapter.

After a few teething troubles I managed eventually to set it up with the smart wizard, not have any freezing and not have any loss of connection. My only problem is that yesterday having turned my PC off during a routine reboot (first time i'd rebooted since installing the adapter) I cant connect wirelessly when windows loads up. It'll find the networks available, but, just scans them endlessly never connecting. The only way I found to solve this was to uninstall the netgear wizard, reboot, reinstall and all would work.

I wondered if there is any way of fixing this as this is not exactly what I want to do every time i have to reboot my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using XP with SP2
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: Wireless Network wont connect after reboot

Also I have to add that a times my computer is completely freezing up forcing me to reboot since i installed the wireless adapter. Now I have been looking to connect the card via WZC but I cant do so as the driver seems to be tied to the software stopping me from doing that. So if anyone can help on the above problem as well as this annoying freezing thing would be great. Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a driver for the v3 would also be helpful as this is making wireless seem more hassle than I think it should be.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

To use WZ

1. During the I installation it will ask the choices
2. Go to control panel> network connection . Right click and go properties . Go to wireless tab and choose to us WZ
3. If Netgear utility is already installed , go to folder of the utility and see if there is driver folder. Copy to different folder and uninstall the utility. Installin with the driver only
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

ok i have finally sorted the boot up problem after a major registry clean up, but, there is still the problem of freezing. Randomly the computer just locks up and I have to reboot. It happens during browsing, winamp and even when idle so its not like its a specific thing I'm doing every time.

I know its beause of the adapter because I never had problems like this when I had a wired connection, but, theres nothing in the event log to even give a clue that the system froze. I disabled the DHCP and set a fixed ip but that didnt help and it freezes with it enabled too. I just wonder if the adapter is showing my PC to be on its last legs or if its just that theres a setting or something that I'm just not seeing that will make it all right.

I'm just hoping for a possible solution that would allow me to get my PC wireless without system problems so any help would be appreciated.