Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

auutumn is on a distinguished road
Default WG111v2 and Windows 7

I've been using WG111v2 on my Vista PC and I wanted to find out how this adapter worked in Windows 7. The first time I used the software, everything looked fine til a Windows Update created faulty indexes and forced me to format the partition.

My next attempt seem to go better but after installing the Vista software, I never got the same prompts to correctly install the adapter. It took some work to get Windows/Netgear to prompt me for the WEP key but still I only have limited access.

Does anyone know:

1) How I can go about resolving my issue?

2) Know if NetGear will supply a driver with the Windows 7 installation or a seperate driver installation package?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WG111v2 and Windows 7

netgear will come up with driver when public release of WIN7 is set. Until then you need to wait for read other user using Win7 here in thread.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

auutumn is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response and just as I expected.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:22 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

win7 is on a distinguished road

is the driver out yet???
Old October 29th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by win7 View Post
is the driver out yet???
if you don't see in products support page then that is answer for official release on any new driver
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:49 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

gtzu is on a distinguished road

he should use windows 7 prof or ultimate. in this both versions it give a (windows) xp mod. with the xp mod all programs and drivers, that works in windows xp, will also working in windows 7. the other versions of w7 don't have a xp mod.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:16 AM

Bennevido is on a distinguished road

Hi There

WG111v2, should work on Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded the Zip. File from Netgear, support, download version 3.4.0, which is the Windows Vista driver, unzip it, but don't install it yet

Then I first configured my WRT54G. Remember cable connection between wireless router and pc. During configuration and setup, in my case 192.168.1.1. Else you might get an installation issue.

when that is done, run the unzipped Netgear file, follow the instructions on the screen, which will show after a while.

If you don't succeed, do a reset of your wireless router, do a new configuration, uninstall Netgear drivers and try installing it again.

Mine worked first time no problems or issues at all
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM

nyliferocks is on a distinguished road

Hi, Can you explain what you mean by this?Thanks

"Then I first configured my WRT54G. Remember cable connection between wireless router and pc. During configuration and setup, in my case 192.168.1.1. Else you might get an installation issue."
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM

Bocaire is on a distinguished road

I"ve checked the Windows compatibility site, and it continues to say that "something will be happening soon" re install file for wg111v2 in Win 7 64 bit.

But I haven't seen any change in that for several weeks. And I'm gedtting ready for my new build.

Does anyone have any info re WHEN the proper driver will be released that will work in Win 7 Pro 64 bit, without complications.

I will be installing the virtual machine to get Windows XP Mode. But I can't install XP Mode until I have activated my copy of Win 7, and then downloaded all the stuff to get XP Mode installed. But I can't get on line until I get the wireless adapter working.

What G wireless NetGear adapters can be installed directly by Windows 7 - hopefully not an expensive adapter?

Bocaire

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevido View Post
Hi There

WG111v2, should work on Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded the Zip. File from Netgear, support, download version 3.4.0, which is the Windows Vista driver, unzip it, but don't install it yet

Then I first configured my WRT54G. Remember cable connection between wireless router and pc. During configuration and setup, in my case 192.168.1.1. Else you might get an installation issue.

when that is done, run the unzipped Netgear file, follow the instructions on the screen, which will show after a while.

If you don't succeed, do a reset of your wireless router, do a new configuration, uninstall Netgear drivers and try installing it again.

Mine worked first time no problems or issues at all
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Advanced NETGEAR User

Mahieu is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: WG111v2 and Windows 7

Still no Seven 64 driver for the WG111v2?
I am desperate....