Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Next Adapters

Old July 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Thunderforge is on a distinguished road
Default Will WN121T Work with Windows 7?

So I bit the bullet and downloaded the Windows 7 RC (64 bit edition) on a computer. Unfortunately, its location is too far to use an ethernet cord, so I installed the latest drivers for my WN121T to connect to the internet, as I did previously. The installation process goes smoothly, it asks me to plug in my hardware, I do so and click okay...

... And then nothing. Nothing happens. I reboot the computer, I can't connect to the internet. I unplug and plug in the adapter, nothing. I can't connect to the internet at all.

Oddly enough, when I go to the Device Manager, it says that Marvell Wireless Device u101F is plugged in, but then it says that there is no driver installed for it. Didn't I just install one? Why does it say that there isn't one?

Microsoft says that all the drivers that support Vista will support Windows 7. So what gives? Does anybody have any ideas as to why I can't get my extender to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:43 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

choc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will WN121T Work with Windows 7?

I have the same adapter, tried Win7 64bit and it just wouldnt work. In the end i moved to 32bit which does work (using a MS driver)... been waiting months for an updated driver but so far no luck.
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Thunderforge is on a distinguished road

Alright, I've had some success by using Microsoft's generic "Network Adapter" driver for Windows 7. It's not perfect, is pretty finicky, and I have to restart to let it know that it's not there anymore, but at least I can get internet.
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM

MyMistake is on a distinguished road

I am trying to get a WN121T to work with Windows 7. I have installed the latest driver, wn121t_5_2, downloaded from Netgear, and it immediately throws me a BSOD. It blames MRVW24B.sys.
What steps did you take to get it to use another driver? When I looked, I couldn't find a Microsoft Generic Network driver listed anywhere.

Thanks for helping.