Old February 13th, 2007, 06:34 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

nkomobo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Reset Login/id/password

Resetting or changing the login user id/password to access mr814 Router homepage is not working for me.After getting into router's settings via default id/password (admin/password) > Under Maintainance> change password>old password>new password>retype new password> enter>.Your password is changed successfuly.Please wait few seconds for authentification window to appear...
Then,login window appears,I then login with the new password and click login button,but it rejects this new password over and over,at this point,it rejects also the default password.I have gone through this sevaral times with no success.

I had to reset the router and use the default user id/password in order to access the router's homepage.

I apprecite your help.Thanks.
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Netgear1-9A-Z is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reset Login/id/password

Welcome to the forum.

As you can see, changing the password is pretty much self explanatory. Make sure that you press the reset button for 30 seconds and try again.

I would also unplug your modem from the router while trying to set the password. Maybe the login for the modem is conflicting?

Moving to 802.11b routers.
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

nkomobo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reset Login/id/password

After hours of trying to reset router's setup login/password unsuccessfully,I tried this : I added my own password to the default password,modem was disconnected,clicked login,then I'm able to login to the setup page.

I don't think disconnecting the modem from the router had any effect in my case,since the modem was disconnected earlier but still couldn't login with my new password after many tries.The only way I'm able to login beside the default password is to add my own password to the default password.

I don't know if that 's how Netgear configured the password-change software this way for all the MR814,unless mine is a special case (defective perharps),Password reset should allow you to reset it without adding to the default to be successful,right?

One question about wireless setup page: What's the Pro & con of this check box?: Allow Access From "Any" Name.

Thanks for your help.