Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM

jemahk is on a distinguished road
Default Wnr1000 help

Hi Im having trouble installing the drivers of the wireless router. Ive connected the wireless router to my cable modem. Everything is plugged in the internet is working and when I go to install the drivers from the cd it says that there is no connection to the internet and it says I need an Ethernet Adapter. All the lights on the wireless router seems to be good, I get wireless on my laptop from the router and able to use the internet but there is no password to it and its slower than usual. The only problem I can think of is that the cable modem Im using is also "telephony" so its connected to the phone. Thanks for the help and input much appreciated.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

sagada2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wnr1000 help

Hi jemahk,

You can also manually configure the router to check if the cable modem and the router are synch. Below is the link on how to manually configure the router for Cable connection:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...le/r_id/100109

You can manually adjust the wireless settings of the router. Here are the troubleshooting steps we would like to recommend you try:

1. Using a computer wired to the router, open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. For security reasons, the router has its own username and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password". If it doesn’t take “password” as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the setup CD that came with the router so please try other passwords.

Note: If you can't remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.

4. When the setup page opens, click on the Wireless Settings under Setup and take note of the SSID.
5. At the bottom of the page, look for the Security Options. If in case that the security is set to WEP or WPA-PSK, we have to enter the same wireless security on all wireless PCs. To make sure of the key, we can try modifying the security. Please refer to the following:

For WEP: Select Key 1 and enter 10 hexadecimal digits (0-9 and A-F) on the empty box beside it. Then, click on Apply.

For WPA-PSK: Enter an alphanumeric key (minimum of 8 characters) on the Passphrase box and click on Apply.

Note: The Key and Passphrase are case-sensitive.

6. On the left pane, please scroll down and click on Wireless Settings under Advanced. Please make sure that the boxes for Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable SSID Broadcast are checked.
7. Click on the Setup Access List button and uncheck the box Turn Access Control On.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemahk View Post
Hi Im having trouble installing the drivers of the wireless router. Ive connected the wireless router to my cable modem. Everything is plugged in the internet is working and when I go to install the drivers from the cd it says that there is no connection to the internet and it says I need an Ethernet Adapter. All the lights on the wireless router seems to be good, I get wireless on my laptop from the router and able to use the internet but there is no password to it and its slower than usual. The only problem I can think of is that the cable modem Im using is also "telephony" so its connected to the phone. Thanks for the help and input much appreciated.
you have cable modem with telephone outlet. some cable modem can be combine the router function as well which may cause the issues.

first thing is to turn off the modem for 15min and do not plug an device, router or PC.

after 15min, turn ON the modem ONLY and nothing hooked up (you can leave your telephone hooked up)

make sure you reset the router before you hook up your PC (see router reset on my sig below and step1)- might check page before you start

once modem is all running, hook up the LAN out from cable modem to INTERNET PORT of the router. Turn ON the PC and installing again
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wrong area
moving to rangemax next routers