Old October 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Kmart is on a distinguished road
Default XET1001 Not Working After Switching Residences.

Hi, I want to first say that my initial use of the product was perfect. Easy installation, no problems or hassles, and worked flawlessly. However, I have recently moved back into my parents house and now have my first problem. My first XET is plugged into an outlet in the closet, with the ethernet pluggled into the Uverse 2wire thing (not sure if it's really considered a router). This XET reads all three lights, the middle blue light blinking until I plug in my other XET as I think it should. However, the second XET, when plugged in, read the green power light, the blue light indicating it senses the other XET, but no green ethernet light. It doesn't ever once light up.
I have tried multiple outlets in the house, including having both XET's in the same room and even on the same outlet, and yet never a green ethernet light. I have tried other ethernet cords, cat5's and cat6's, and extension cords. But nothing has worked. Please, can anybody possibly offer any solution to fix my problem or explain why it isn't working. Thanks in advance.

Kmart
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

raging_blitzer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: XET1001 Not Working After Switching Residences.

try connecting the XET's together with their ethernet ports with an ethernet cable. if the ethernet cable you are using is proven to work with computers and you still do not get the ethernet light to lit up on the XET, it could just be a bad ethernet port. call support if you think it still has warranty for replacement.
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
NETGEAR User

cliffhanger1230 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: XET1001 Not Working After Switching Residences.

Also try connecting the XET to your router and chk whether the ethernet light comes up...

If still not. should be a hardware problem.... Call Support!!!!!!!!!!!!