Old January 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

raylo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR3700 Wireless connection issues

Just had to pull this up for reference since I posted a question in the WNDR4500 forum. This was never resolved to my knowledge with the 3700. I have the latest firmware and have never been able to connect my 207W with security enabled. Do we know if the WNDR suffers from the same issue? I'd like to know before I buy the darned thing. Gotta love the wishful thinking of petren below. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by petren View Post
Folks, you all need to open cases at my.netgear.com, especially those with Axis207 camera and "incorect security " when using wirelsss connections. A lot of people reported the IPHONE incorect security issue and now a fix is in works for it and hopefully will be rolled out with the next firmware
If Netgear only sees isolate cases they may not do anything. But if theys see lots reporting the same thing, they will put it in the queue for fixing for the collective benefit.
I agree that using us customers as guinea pigs is not a nice way of launching a product which was supposed to be the best on the market but on the other hand our othyer choice is return it and either wait until they iron out or simply pull our hair out.

My Axis 207 Incorrect security case with netgear is 10997949

Feel free to reference it when you open yours.

Cheers,
Nick
Old January 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

raylo is on a distinguished road

Question above is does anyone here know if the WNDR4500 has the same issue? Sorry for the dropped model # in the question.
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Dude_Virus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR3700v2 Wireless connection issues

I was using a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless router since the past 4 years and I have the follwoing setup 1 desktop connected using a wired connection, another desktop connected via wireless, my Dell Streak connected via wireless, my brothers samsung galaxy S2 connected via wireless. I had set the wireless security to be WEP 128 bit and everything was working fine until the last week when my router started dying on me. So I purchased a Netgear WNDR3700v2 wireless router and now I have problems. Since i do not have any N devices I have disabled the 5G radio and have only kept the 2.4 G radio. I setup the security as WEP and put in the key for the same. My wired desktop has a proper connection, my wireless desktop has a proper connection, the galaxy S2 has a proper connection but only my Dell Streak is having an issue. As soon as the screen turns off the wireless connection is lost and then it reconnects when i turn the device back on. Now it was working fine with the previous router and nothing has been changed on the Streak so i checked the logs on the router and there i find entries regarding the mac id for my Streak with the message [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address and then again it shows as ip assigned to my streak mac id. I can see multiple entries regarding the WLAN rejected and my streak is losing the connection. I have tried all the security modes and have even manually setup the connection on the streak but no luck. I have searched on the net but no luck regarding any solution. I have tried adding the mac id to wifi acess card list but no luck, have played around with different settings but no luck.
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
NETGEAR User

Tank_Killer is on a distinguished road

Double post, I should have replied to this one im the first place =\

First of all make sure you dont have the tablet set to shut off wifi when it goes into sleep mode. Android has it set to default when the screen goes to sleep/hibernation, it shuts off the wifi as well. You have to tell it NOT to turn off yourself.

That being said I have disconnect issues with my andriod 2.2 phone, the best settings for stablility I have found are setting (under the "wireless settings" tab) the 2.4ghz to 130mps max speed with WPA2 encryption. Under the "advanced wireless settings" I set the "preamble" to SHORT.

I still get disconnects with these settings, but less frequent

I am on V1 hardware

TK
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks for the reply, i have checked all that...i was using a different netgear router so the streak is set to never turn off wifi...its something with this router as I removed the wndr3700v2 and connected back my wgr614v9 and the streak stays connected...i have tried different mbps modes , different channels but as soon as there is any inactivity from the device it kicks off the wifi, on checking the logs it states wlan access rejected incorrect security, its something to do with security as if i keep the connecction open there is no disconnection so let me fiddle arround with some settings
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

wekebu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_Virus View Post
its something with this router as I removed the wndr3700v2 and connected back my wgr614v9 and the streak stays connected...i have tried different mbps modes , different channels but as soon as there is any inactivity from the device it kicks off the wifi, on checking the logs it states wlan access rejected incorrect security, its something to do with security as if i keep the connecction open there is no disconnection so let me fiddle arround with some settings
I have the 3700v2 and all my wireless devices get this error many time throughout the day, "WLAN access rejected: incorrect security". I have an EVO, a Transformer and my 4-5 year old Vista laptop. Wired device is connected. The router's 'Attached devices' shows the two rejected devices are 'attached'. Hit the reset button and wifi devices are now connected. Not convenient when away from home. There are times it recovers from this if I wait and check later.
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:31 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekebu View Post
I have the 3700v2 and all my wireless devices get this error many time throughout the day, "WLAN access rejected: incorrect security". I have an EVO, a Transformer and my 4-5 year old Vista laptop. Wired device is connected. The router's 'Attached devices' shows the two rejected devices are 'attached'. Hit the reset button and wifi devices are now connected. Not convenient when away from home. There are times it recovers from this if I wait and check later.
Its an issue with the firmware..... the funny thing is netgear doesnt know this..my router is not even 20 days old and netgear says they have the router to be faulty and will give me rma which will be a tested piece ( simply say refurbished ) ... i denied as it was an out of box issue.. installed gargoyle firmware and issue is resolved
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

wekebu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_Virus View Post
Its an issue with the firmware..... the funny thing is netgear doesnt know this..my router is not even 20 days old and netgear says they have the router to be faulty and will give me rma which will be a tested piece ( simply say refurbished ) ... i denied as it was an out of box issue.. installed gargoyle firmware and issue is resolved
Thank you for the suggestion. From what I've read Gargoyle doesn't have port forwarding? I need this for my IP cameras.

I'm so frustrated with this. I've spent so much time trying different fixes on this dang router. I can be in the middle of streaming a movie on my Asus Transformer when it disconnects and done. I have to reset the router, which is on a different floor. Every single morning, my EVO, tablet and laptop aren't connected, but the wired desktop is working. I have to reset the router.

Why isn't Netgear fixing this?
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekebu View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. From what I've read Gargoyle doesn't have port forwarding? I need this for my IP cameras.

I'm so frustrated with this. I've spent so much time trying different fixes on this dang router. I can be in the middle of streaming a movie on my Asus Transformer when it disconnects and done. I have to reset the router, which is on a different floor. Every single morning, my EVO, tablet and laptop aren't connected, but the wired desktop is working. I have to reset the router.

Why isn't Netgear fixing this?
Hey gargoyle has port forwarding. Try the gargoyle 1.4.6 as the 1.5 is not stable yet
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:53 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

ehamon is on a distinguished road

I just found the solution: I had the same problem for monthes (several computers losing wifi 2.4ghz connection at least once a day, only solved by resetting router).

Just flashed ss-wrt opensource firmware, and everything going fine now for 2 weeks.

It seems that netgear firware KO.