Old January 24th, 2010, 05:28 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Chicoman67 is on a distinguished road
Default WNDA 3100v2 HELP NEEDED........

I am running Windows XP SP3 and recently installed a Net Gear WNDA 3100v2 USB adapter. I have shut off the Windows Wireless Zero configuration, updated drivers to the current one 5.10.79.30 which is the current version. When the system boots up I get a blue screen of death and I can't reboot the system until I unlplug the USB from it's slot. Then the system boots to the desktop. I reconnect the USB and I have to plug it in to get the NetGear Wizard going again and then connect manually to my network setup on my router which is also NetGear WNDR3700.

I am also having connection drop outs and I can't figure out what to do to fix this problem. I love the router but this USB network card is driving me crazy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chicoman
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:41 AM
NETGEAR Addict

methuselah_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDA 3100v2 HELP NEEDED........

Do you have another computer to try the adapter? If it still gives you BSOD on the second computer, have the adapter replaced. Otherwise, check specs of your computer.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:15 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Chicoman67 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDA 3100v2 HELP NEEDED........

I have it connected now but I'm only connecting at 108MBPS sometimes the speed drops down to 54MBPS. I have it set for 300MBPS. Any advice on that?