Old January 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

online99 is on a distinguished road
Question How to achieve external access through a Davolink DV2020 IAD (modem/router)

Hi all,

How to achieve external access through a Davolink DV2020 from Tele2? Do I need to set a fixed IP address on the Stora?

Thanks, Peter.
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

vegimata is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to achieve external access through a Davolink DV2020 IAD (modem/router)

You won't need to use a fixed IP address for the stora. You just need to go to www.mystora.com to access it externally. It would then be asking you for the stora name, user name and password.
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Post Re: How to achieve external access through a Davolink DV2020 IAD (modem/router)

Tried that, but it doesn't work from the outside. So the question remains open...
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:36 AM
NETGEAR Addict

robyb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to achieve external access through a Davolink DV2020 IAD (modem/router)

First, please test that your ports are open. If they are not, use our generic router configuration guide to walk through configuring your router ports:

http://support.stora.hipserv.com/en/...rtforward.html

Cheers,
Roby!
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:10 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Hi Roby, I've put the - dynamic - IP address of the stora in the DMZ Host field of the Davolink IAD. That works. However, if the IP address would change I'll have to reset the address. If the guide you mentioned helps, where can I find it? I once fixed the IP address of the stora and completely lost the connection and had to issue a button reset. Do you have any tips to prevent this? Thanks, Peter.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:24 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I used address .255 which appears to be reserved for broadcast purposes, so that's the cause for the connection loss I guess. Rgds, Peter.
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:21 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I've removed DMZ host and tested it with the tool and all ports remain closed although I've set port triggering in the Davolink for ports 443 and 22. Now port triggering is - according to the manual - not completely the same as port forwarding. Also it seems the Davolink DV2020 does not support NAT loopback so testing from the inside is difficult. Any opinions?
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:41 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Roby,
Some more searching and reading revealed that port forwarding in the DV2020 is called Virtual Servers. So I set up two ports (22 and 443) and tested using your tool with success, they are now open. So that should be ok. Now to set the Stora as virtual server I had to enter it's LAN ip address in the DV2020. Does that mean that I should fix the IP address in the Stora as well?
Thanks, Peter.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:37 AM
NETGEAR User

gearguy is on a distinguished road

@ online99

if the Davolink DV2020 has a feature to reserve the current IP address of the Stora using its MAC address you can use that feature. In this way, even if you reboot your Stora it will use the same IP address.

If Davolink DV2020 dont have that feature, then you can set a Static IP address to the Stora. The IP address that you will statically assign to the Stora is the IP address that you use when you set up port 443 and 22.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Again some more reading done, and found that a fixed ip is really necessary with the DV2020. So set that (.200) and changed the port forward settings accordingly. It still seems to work ok. Now some final questions:
The Stora manual lists a number of ports to be assigned (20, 21, 22, 89 and 443) Most of them are explained or can be found in e.g. Wikipedia, but 89 not. So what's this port for?
Port 80 cannot be forwarded by the DV2020. Does this have any consequences?
Thanks, Peter.