Old February 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM

AlexJonez is on a distinguished road
Default WG111v2 Win7 Battleforge/battlefield heros/firefox

Trying to nail down a issue with connecting to certain games online and firefox, my nephews got a hp desktop this december and i've been trying to install battlefield heros and battleforge for them ever since.\

What i run into is that neither game will install/download from patch clients and firefox does will not connect at all even tho IE does. I tried way to much to post but have spent 40 plus hours trying to fix issue from work arounds in each application forums with no success. They can browse internet fine otherwise and play some online games with no problems.

They have 3 other computers in the house all connect to a 2Wire router/modem and all other have no issues connecting to same patch servers/client installer for games even though they have firewall active while the boys has been disabled (even disabled the 2wire and opened proper tcp ports just in case.)
Old February 7th, 2010, 03:31 PM

AlexJonez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WG111v2 Win7 Battleforge/battlefield heros/firefox

**note: i meant WN111v2 and not WG111v2 (if it makes a difference)

was unable to see or use my WN111v2 adapter after i set WLAN auto config to manual 8( could not even access the the wizard (it would pop up and disappear, but would see it for a split second every few secs in lower left toolbar) so that was a no go. But i did try going into my msconfig and did a safe boot with networking option enabled and then was able to connect to above stated servers i could not before. (note: netgear wizard did not load under safe mode, could their be a conflict with windows WLAN service and netgear wizard?)

So something on their machine is blocking access to some sites/servers. Only other idea i have is the bundled software (60-day trail programs) on of wich is Norton. I never activated it or used it and does not show it running, but do get norton options when right clicking items.

Tried to uninstall norton but nothing happens when i click uninstall. guesssing it may have something active that not letting it uninstall.