Old February 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM

tamccarthy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Need to connect 2 netgear routers together?

I need to know how to connect a Rangemax WPN824 thats not plugged into the internet to a WGN2000 that is plugged into the internet.

How do I tell the rangemax to talk to the other one so they can both be used in different places in the house. I have a Lexmark X9350 that is having issues with its wireless talking to the router once I put security on the router it no longer works.

So does anyone know how to connect two netgear routers together, or how to get around a lexmark not working with security on a router? I tried putting in the MAC address into the router but it still cant locate the router once that security is up on it.

I need to keep security on the router, so where is the solution? Would appreciate any help on how to connect these two routers together. Some told me to make them the same name and information but when I do that then my main router doesnt work either so I'm still not getting something right. If you know steps I would need to do to tell the range max to see the DGN2000 Wireless N ADSL2+ Routermodem.

Thanks Frustrated
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

sammia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need to connect 2 netgear routers together?

Are you referring to DGN2000 instead of WGN2000? You mentioned 2 Netgear routers aside from WPN824. I assume you're referring to DGN2000 for there is no WGN2000 for Netgear.

What is the version number of your WPN824? If the version of it is lower than version 3, it cannot be configured in repeater or bridging mode along with the DGN2000. Because the WPN824 doesn't have a feature called WDS (Wireless Distribution System) which enables it to be configured in repeating or bridging mode.

The new version of WPN824v3 does support WDS so you can achieve repeating or bridging mode along with DGN2000.
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to connect 2 netgear routers together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamccarthy View Post
I need to know how to connect a Rangemax WPN824 thats not plugged into the internet to a WGN2000 that is plugged into the internet.

How do I tell the rangemax to talk to the other one so they can both be used in different places in the house. I have a Lexmark X9350 that is having issues with its wireless talking to the router once I put security on the router it no longer works.

So does anyone know how to connect two netgear routers together, or how to get around a lexmark not working with security on a router? I tried putting in the MAC address into the router but it still cant locate the router once that security is up on it.

I need to keep security on the router, so where is the solution? Would appreciate any help on how to connect these two routers together. Some told me to make them the same name and information but when I do that then my main router doesnt work either so I'm still not getting something right. If you know steps I would need to do to tell the range max to see the DGN2000 Wireless N ADSL2+ Routermodem.

Thanks Frustrated

trying to connect two device wirelessly?

if so WPN824 must be V3 to do it.. (V1,V2 will not work)

WRONG AREA
MOVING TO RANGEMAX ROUTERS