Old February 11th, 2010, 10:54 AM

monkeedawg is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Computer won't recognize adapter

Hello. I just recently went to re-install the netgear adapter software on my computer, and I'm having some problems. Ok, the first time I did it, everything went fine, up until the step where it asks you to insert the adapter into an available USB slot. I proceded to do this, and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" popped up. I went through this process up until it told me something like 'neatgear has now been approved by this version of windows, if you proceed there could be complications with the software in the future, click here to fix this problem'. Well, I clicked on this, but I had no internet connection so I had to quit and start over because that was the only option it gave me.

Here's where the real problem is. When I started the process over, everything went fine until it came time to insert the adapter. When I inserted it, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" doesn't pop up at all, and I can't click "next" because I haven't completed this step. I looked under "My Computer" to see if the adapter was listed there, but nothing shows up. The light on the adapter is on, so it must be in properly.

I don't know what else to do. The computer won't recognize my adapter and I have tried multiple times, even restarting and shutting down the computer to see if by some miracle it would work. I am at my wits end and would really appreaciate some help!
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:00 AM

monkeedawg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Computer won't recognize adapter

Sorry, should have mentioned this before. I am trying to install WNDA3100 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter.