Old March 4th, 2007, 05:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

tenchi81 is on a distinguished road
Default Can not connect wirelessly to internet... packets sending but not recieving

I have a netgear wgr14 v6 wireless router. I have 3 computers to connect. 1 is wired and 2 should be wireless. My toshiba laptop connects wirelessly fine, but my dell xps m140 will not connect any more. It was connected up until a week ago. I did not downloads or changes. One day the internet worked the next it didn't. I had been having issues with the dell so I restored it to factory setting and reloaded and updated drivers and still can not connect.

The computer says it is connected with exellent strength ( I am all of 6 foot from the router) and it is sending packets but not recieving many back. For every 100 packets I am receiving about 10 or so back. We have tried resetting the router, and removing and reintalling drivers. Nothing works.

I took the laptop to a resturant hot spot, and it connected wonderfully to their wifi so it is only happening with this netgear router. The computer also connects wonderfully wired. Help please!
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:31 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can not connect wirelessly to internet... packets sending but not recieving

Are you running a software firewall at all, if so can you disable it?
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Unhappy Re: Can not connect wirelessly to internet... packets sending but not recieving

I removed all active antivirus/spyware scanners and deactivated the Windows firewall this morning thinking that might be the issue but still no internet.
Old March 4th, 2007, 08:38 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can not connect wirelessly to internet... packets sending but not recieving

if this is intel base wireless unit then go intel site and update the driver or atheros wireless unit too
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Have you tried transferring a file between PCs to see if the problem is limited to the Internet (WAN) side or is a problem for the LAN also?

Does the PC obtain a 192.168.x.y IP address?
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I have the most up to date driver for the intel wireless card. I am also able to transfer data only over the wired connection, the wireless router will not even see my computers name, but shows a - and that it is connected. I am also able to ping sites throught the command window.
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Unhappy Re: Can not connect wirelessly to internet... packets sending but not recieving

Yes my computer does have the correct IP address and Mac address, but websites will not load.
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Try setting DNS manually in the adaptor TCP/IP settings, try 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2.
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Do you mean to set the router DNS those settings or the wirless adaptor in the laptop to those settings?
Old March 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

"MarsMug" said adapter..

adapter is not router (lingo)

adapter always refer to peripherals...

you can do either one..but I would try adpater first