Old March 28th, 2010, 02:43 PM

strife1013 is on a distinguished road
Default USB Adapter WNDA3100 Ver. 2 Stuck at "Detecting Adapter"

Just bought this USB adapter today....I installed the software. (Latest Version) on Windows 7. After going through the setup I am stuck at he smart wizard. I've tried different USB ports on my computer so that isn't the issue, windows installs the drivers for adapter automatically however I am at the part where it tells me to insert the adapter and click on next. So I do and the program just sits there saying "detecting adapter..." I've tried installing this software a number of time and still nothing. It has been sitting at this screen for over an hour. I am about to take it back to Best Buy if this can't get fixed.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM

ddummitt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: USB Adapter WNDA3100 Ver. 2 Stuck at "Detecting Adapter"

I've got the same problem (stuck at Detecting adapter...) I guess this one is going back to the store. I waisted 30 minutes on tech support before I gave up waiting for a person.

first netgear product may be the last.
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM

pstefl is on a distinguished road

Same problem but only on one laptop. It works on two others.
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:08 AM

drewlt is on a distinguished road

Same issue - what is everyone doing - returning?
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:53 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

MartinW2 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: USB Adapter WNDA3100 Ver. 2 Stuck at "Detecting Adapter"

I had this exact problem with the WNA3100 adapter I just bought, but I did manage to get a very helpful helpdesk person who worked through the issues and found a solution. The WNA3100 was needed to get better performance than the WNDA3100v2 I was using for the last three months. See the WNDA3100 forum for details.
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM

SNHendricks is on a distinguished road

Solution sounds easy enough, but what directory did you use so the Smart Wizard could find the driver?
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:02 AM

Fat_Trace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW2 View Post
I had this exact problem with the WNA3100 adapter I just bought, but I did manage to get a very helpful helpdesk person who worked through the issues and found a solution. The WNA3100 was needed to get better performance than the WNDA3100v2 I was using for the last three months. See the WNDA3100 forum for details.
Any chance of a link to the thread?
I have a WNDA3100v2 stuck at 'Not Detected', I have tried different USB ports, returned and changed the adapter only to end up with the same problem? Need Help!
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

wld is on a distinguished road

When I had this problem, I exited the Netgear Wizard and connected to my SSID through Windows 7 networking. It worked for me.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

netgearwnda3100v2adapter is on a distinguished road

I also had the same problem with this adapter.

The fix for me was to disable the built in Intel adapter in Device Manager. I didn't do this, but someone else did it for me. I recall there were two options one to disable and one to uninstall the adapter. I believe you want to just disable your built in adapter so your Netgear adapter can do its thing.

It appeared that the two adapters were conflicting/interfering with one another and therefore the wizard just kept scanning, but doing nothing.

Once the built in adapter was disconnected, the wizard connected to the router and Internet.

My Internet speed was like 5-11Mbps, with anywhere from 10-30% signal strength, 3-4 yellow bars showing on the wizard icon thing, but good enough for a Internet connection. Given the fact I am 300' from the main house and router I can't complain.

But, this past week and today I only have 1-2Mbps and it takes to long to turn a page on the Internet. I can go make a BLT and come back and maybe the page turned? Then my post session times out and I have to sign in again, more spinning..."The BLT connection."

I noticed my Intel adapter is also currently on? Maybe I will disable that again to see if it helps my connection speed or get rid of my multiple connections showing in my Network & Sharing Center? I have a thread elsewhere in this forum trying to figure this out? Maybe someone can answer my speed/connection/multiple connection issues?
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mpcook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wld View Post
When I had this problem, I exited the Netgear Wizard and connected to my SSID through Windows 7 networking. It worked for me.
This worked for me too. I also had to disable the built in NIC.