Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:40 AM

justin_4d is on a distinguished road
Default NetGear DG834GU v5 Wireless intermittance issues

Hi guys

I am having intermittent wireless connectivity issues & also connectivity with limited internet access on some of my pc's in my home network.

I have looked for a firmware upgrade on the NetGear site, but they say that there is no such product as per the model that I have mentioned above. There is, however, the following code: DG834G v5 .. ie without the U. I am located in South Africa, so I assume this has something to do with the location of where I purchased the product from?

Curent version of firmware:

Firmware Version TKV6.00.26

I would like to upgrade the firmware on my router, can anyone help me?

Lastly - I downloaded the DG834Gv5-V1.6.01.34.chk firmware upgrade but when trying to update the router it gives the error that I should use the 'Approved Firmware' when upgrading.

Thanks in advance!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NetGear DG834GU v5 Wireless intermittance issues

Post number #8 here suggests that the router is ISP provided by ‘Telekom’ and in that case you will not be able to install standard Netgear router firmware;

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...t-these-modems

However if you own the router and it is not the ISP property then you might be able to use the recovery tool;

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/263

You could also download inSSIDer and use it to scan for wireless networks to make sure you are not sharing with too many other nearby networks (use channels 1, 6, or 11).

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider

And if you have any 2.4GHz non-networking devices e.g. video senders, baby alarms, wireless security cameras etc. then try turning them off.

My name is Andy.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

any model DGXXXGX, after "G" are usually ISP specific so you will need to contact ISP if there is different model.

thanks for your email but I been tied up to answer
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:59 PM

mrskip82 is on a distinguished road

i've had wifi drop outs on the dg834gu v5 for a few days after some research ive found solutions for the problem you need to update your firmware from v6.00.26 or lower to v6.00.28 the other thing ive found is the dg834gu v5 is a modem made for curtain companies ie isp if you go to netgear website and type dg834gu v5 it wont come up with anything remove the u and you'll find the model dg834g v5 with more upto date firmware either purchase this model dg834g v5 retail purchase or search for v6.00.28 which has just been released and see if that will work for you.

or press the wps button on the top or side of modem depending on how its setup until wifi light turns off wait 5 seconds then hold to turn on refresh wifi the problem is fixed til next time dont require power to be unpluged to reset
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_4d View Post
Hi guys

I am having intermittent wireless connectivity issues & also connectivity with limited internet access on some of my pc's in my home network.

I have looked for a firmware upgrade on the NetGear site, but they say that there is no such product as per the model that I have mentioned above. There is, however, the following code: DG834G v5 .. ie without the U. I am located in South Africa, so I assume this has something to do with the location of where I purchased the product from?

Curent version of firmware:

Firmware Version TKV6.00.26

I would like to upgrade the firmware on my router, can anyone help me?

Lastly - I downloaded the DG834Gv5-V1.6.01.34.chk firmware upgrade but when trying to update the router it gives the error that I should use the 'Approved Firmware' when upgrading.

Thanks in advance!
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM

eugenevdm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
any model DGXXXGX, after "G" are usually ISP specific so you will need to contact ISP if there is different model...
I have exactly the same problem. I live in South Africa. We did not obtain this router from a Telco but obtained it from Duxbury who are the official distributors of Netgear in this country.

I really need to know what firmware to try, every bit of firmware I have tried fails.

Please tell me how to update this router:
DG834GU v5 bought from Duxbury in South Africa official Netgear channel
Current firmware: TKV6.00.26
Upgrade firmware: ???????
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Use tftp method but if continue to fail to upload . You will probably want to look new models