Old April 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

tedbone is on a distinguished road
Default How many Powerline Ethernet Adapters on one network?

I have a XAVB1004 and an older model (85Mbps - 101 I think).
Every time I plug in the 101 it causes network - internet access issues throughout my network.

I was thinking that maybe there can only be one adapter per network or maybe its the fact that I have a 200Mbps and an 85Mbps on one network.

Any thoughts?
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:43 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many Powerline Ethernet Adapters on one network?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1125
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

tedbone is on a distinguished road

Wow! That was quick! Thanks so much!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

JohnAdams is on a distinguished road

The best thing about Netgear's XE102 is its easy setup. You plug it into a wall socket or a power strip without surge protection; connect it to your PC, Mac, network printer, Xbox, or whatever; and you're done. You need at least two adapters to make a power-line network (one per network device), and you'll have to avoid surge protectors because they strip out network data as if it were a power surge. You'll also want to install Netgear's Powerline Encryption Utility, included in the XE102 package, to add security features and keep track of all of the power-line adapters on the network. The utility allows you to change the password for the adapter's 56-bit DES encryption code. Better yet, you can use the Powerline Encryption Utility to scan your network for other HomePlug-compliant devices and change all of their network passwords in one fell swoop. The Encryption Utility works with only Windows and is compatible with Windows 98 SE and later OSs.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

JohnAdams is on a distinguished road

The best thing about Netgear's XE102 is its easy setup. You plug it into a wall socket or a power strip without surge protection; connect it to your PC, Mac, network printer, Xbox, or whatever; and you're done. You need at least two adapters to make a power-line network (one per network device), and you'll have to avoid surge protectors because they strip out network data as if it were a power surge. You'll also want to install Netgear's Powerline Encryption Utility, included in the XE102 package, to add security features and keep track of all of the power-line adapters on the network. The utility allows you to change the password for the adapter's 56-bit DES encryption code. Better yet, you can use the Powerline Encryption Utility to scan your network for other HomePlug-compliant devices and change all of their network passwords in one fell swoop. The Encryption Utility works with only Windows and is compatible with Windows 98 SE and later OSs.

Floor Matts
Dash Kits