Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Next Adapters

Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

snappycow is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Network Key

Hi,

Is there a way to reset my network key for the wireless access? We set a password but it was awhile ago and it was set on automatic and now we don't (how embarassing) remember what it is (we usually always use a password we can remember so this has us stumped).

We called Netgear but we are just (by 16 days) over our 90 day free tech help and they say will help for like $35 which to me is outrageous for something that has to be so simple. I'm at my wits end. Is there an easy way to either reset my password or retrieve it somehow? It's still on my desktop (saved) but of course I have no idea what it is. Argh. This is so embarassing.

Appreciate any advice folks can give.

D
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

snappycow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Network Key

I meant to add that the network key/password was saved on both my laptop and my desktop but I typed over it today on the laptop thinking it was the same password anyway but of course it wasn't and now I can't remember what it was. My desktop still connects as the old password is saved there. Sorry for confusion.
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
NETGEAR User

Samindalnac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Network Key

If you can still connect to the router and login to it's web interface then it is a simple matter to reset the Network key. You will want to login to the router's address which is by default 192.168.1.1 to do this simply open Internet Explorer and input that number. It should prompt you for a user name and a password, which by default will be "admin" and "password". From here you will want to select "Wireless Settings" from along the left hand menu. At the bottom of this section there will be security settings where you can type in a new key.

If on the other hand you can't access the Web interface of the unit you will need to reset the unit to default values. You can do this by holding in the reset button on the unit for approximately 15 seconds, the reset button is located near the antenna in the midst of the ventilation grid. After doing this you can run through the automated setup wizard.

Pankai!

:P