Old May 14th, 2010, 04:59 AM

techynot is on a distinguished road
Default DGND3300 No DSL Connection

I have just had two brand new DNND3300 routers from different sellers that would not install. Plugged everything in as intsructions but the only lights got was the power flashing red and green and the number 1. At no time do I ever get the DSL light or anything else. On both occasions Netgear support have said that the router must be faulty and to return it but I think two times in a row is not a coincidence. My broadband works fine and I use the biggest broadband provider in the UK (talktalk) who tell me there is no problem with my connection or using this equipment. It appears that it bricks as soon as I plug it in. Any ideas what may be going on?
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:10 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DGND3300 No DSL Connection

some ISP , has branded firmware on their approved DSL modem/router unit. I would check with ISP wether you will able to use retail version unit over their approved unit
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:19 AM

techynot is on a distinguished road

Spoke to talktalk, my ISP, and they see no reason why it should not work. Looked on talktalk forums and this router seems to be used fairly commonly. Amazon UK have just suspended selling the router due to reported problems.
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techynot View Post
Spoke to talktalk, my ISP, and they see no reason why it should not work. Looked on talktalk forums and this router seems to be used fairly commonly. Amazon UK have just suspended selling the router due to reported problems.
interesting... you may want to contact support on this at my.netgear.com or call local netgear support #
Old May 25th, 2010, 03:16 AM

highlander121 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: DGND3300 No DSL Connection

I bought one of these from amazon uk 22/05/2010, came today. I hooked up and got green / red plashing power light and a web page asking me to update the firmware which didnt work.

Sent back today for a refund, I dont think I'll bother with another one as this seems t be a problem for this router.
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

MattintheUK is on a distinguished road

Hello

I decided to purchase a new router since I was upgrading to Windows 7 (64bit Professional), so last Thursday, the 10th, I ordered the aforementioned router from Amazon UK. It arrived today but when I tried to install it on Windows 7 using the Smart Wizard I encountered exactly the same problem, top light flashing from red to green to red intermittently and the one solid green light was the number 1. What's more, I am now on TalkTalk having previously been on Tiscali, who were bought by TalkTalk.

The fact that the number 1 is lit indicates that that Ethernet port is working so the fault seems to be with the power component.

I couldn't find the UK firmware for V2 on Google.

I hope that there is a solution since this is the only dual-band RangeMax wireless-N product that NetGear are currenty offering for home users using a phone line.

Please help.
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/12063
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks, I'll try upgrading the firmware.

When I first encountered the error I phoned NetGear UK but after about an hour troubleshooting doing things like resetting and plugging it into a different outlet they said that it was faulty and to return it. That is going to be my last resort since it is has good spec. During the phone call I also discovered that I can't access the router-login, at least not by going to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. In fact the page didn't change from the one asking me to update the firmware, which according to the technical support representative comes pre-loaded in the router's memory.

However since the page says that the firmware is loaded from the resource CD during set-up I will try installing the firmware that I've just downloaded.
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:09 PM

try login the router and upload the download firmware

make sure computer is WIRED to the router and use ONLY IE browser or Firefox
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks jmizoguchi, I downloaded the firmware via the link you posted and ran the upgrade process. Once I had done that I was then able to complete the set-up process. My router is now working and in fact I'm using it right now.