Old May 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM

FrustratedDude is on a distinguished road
Default "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

My PTV was working pretty well, but then I found the little paper inserted with it telling me about the "critical driver updates."

So I installed them.

Now, when I try to open the program it says "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again."

Needless to say, no amount of restarting fixes the problem. Nor did uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it.

Help?

[FYI: Using the Sony VPCS111FM/S]
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedDude View Post
My PTV was working pretty well, but then I found the little paper inserted with it telling me about the "critical driver updates."

So I installed them.

Now, when I try to open the program it says "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again."

Needless to say, no amount of restarting fixes the problem. Nor did uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it.

Help?

[FYI: Using the Sony VPCS111FM/S]
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support.../wireless/mywf

I would look intel site. it has many of tech doc you can read.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

katrinabernardino is on a distinguished road

Download the new Intel WiFi driver from the link ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/PT...s_13.1.1.1.zip

---------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if I could help you.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabernardino View Post
Download the new Intel WiFi driver from the link ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/PT...s_13.1.1.1.zip
Installed that first. Just tried the repair function just to be on the safe side. No dice.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Important NOTE: If the Intel Wireless Display application is not shut down prior to updating the driver, the software will cause the wireless driver update to FAIL! If the wireless driver update was not successful due to the Intel(R) Wireless Display software's being active (see note above), then the adapter may display "Unable to get IP address" and/or the Intel(R) Wireless Display software may display "Application has an issue" and exit. Solution: Shut down the Intel(R) Wireless Display software. Uninstall the wireless driver. Reinstall a clean copy of the wireless driver.

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabernardino View Post
Important NOTE: If the Intel Wireless Display application is not shut down prior to updating the driver, the software will cause the wireless driver update to FAIL! If the wireless driver update was not successful due to the Intel(R) Wireless Display software's being active (see note above), then the adapter may display "Unable to get IP address" and/or the Intel(R) Wireless Display software may display "Application has an issue" and exit. Solution: Shut down the Intel(R) Wireless Display software. Uninstall the wireless driver. Reinstall a clean copy of the wireless driver.
None of those messages appeared. Again, I already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Intel Wireless Display program.
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

after uninstalling the intel drive sw, check the registry of your computer if the said software is totally deleted.

Old May 24th, 2010, 09:16 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

zashi21 is on a distinguished road

Intel wifi tech. will automatically enabled by Intel wireless display. Have you tried running Intel wireless display and see if it sees your PTV1000?
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:15 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

bghauck is on a distinguished road

I have the identical problem on a Dell Studio. The PTV1000 and wifi Wireless worked great until a few weeks ago. Now everytime I try to use it I receive the same message "Intel My WiFi Techonolgy not enabled". I've removed and reinstalled all software/drivers several times, being very careful to follow all instructions (i.e., turning WiFi Technology off before reinstalling). Nothing changes. I've checked everything in Device Manager which reports everything is working fine.

Also, when I right click on My Wifi Technology icon the options to enable or disenable it are greyed out and inoperable. I tried everything I can think of - turning off firewall, turning off/on the wifi radio switch, checked all internet settings, rebooted after every system change to ensure a "clean" attempt. Nothing is working. Also see many similar complaints on Intel's website, as well as Toshiba's website about this identical problem.

Any suggestions? I called Geek Squad and they claim not to be aware of the problem, and had no suggestions.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

zashi21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghauck View Post
I have the identical problem on a Dell Studio. The PTV1000 and wifi Wireless worked great until a few weeks ago. Now everytime I try to use it I receive the same message "Intel My WiFi Techonolgy not enabled". I've removed and reinstalled all software/drivers several times, being very careful to follow all instructions (i.e., turning WiFi Technology off before reinstalling). Nothing changes. I've checked everything in Device Manager which reports everything is working fine.

Also, when I right click on My Wifi Technology icon the options to enable or disenable it are greyed out and inoperable. I tried everything I can think of - turning off firewall, turning off/on the wifi radio switch, checked all internet settings, rebooted after every system change to ensure a "clean" attempt. Nothing is working. Also see many similar complaints on Intel's website, as well as Toshiba's website about this identical problem.

Any suggestions? I called Geek Squad and they claim not to be aware of the problem, and had no suggestions.
do a system restore.. use the date before you updated the software as resote point..