Old June 11th, 2010, 05:16 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

mikeycooper is on a distinguished road
Angry WNR2000 doesn't support a guest network?

Why do both the Netgear website and the box the WNR2000 came in tell me that it supports a guest wireless network ("Multiple SSID support with separate security and access restrictions")? There's no options in the admin interface to configure it. Tech support tells me this model doesn't support it and I need to upgrade to the WNDR3700 to get it. It's very frustrating as the guest network feature was the entire reason I exchanged my other router for this one.

Does it or doesn't it support it? It seems a little deceptive to advertise a feature and then have support tell me to spend another $100 to upgrade to the WNDR3700.
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:39 PM

computeruser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR2000 doesn't support a guest network?

WNR2000 does support a guest network; I just set one up today to use MAC iBook on my network using different security options. Maybe you need to update your firmware for the router. Once you are up-to-date, look on the left-hand side of the Netgear router setup site and you will see "Guest Network" under the "Setup" heading.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mikeycooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR2000 doesn't support a guest network?

Perhaps you had a WNR2000v2 vs my v1? I was running the latest firmware (1.2.3.7) and there was still no "Guest Network" option in setup. Tech Support was unable to find it in their test WNR2000v1 either.