Old June 12th, 2010, 11:36 PM

benh is on a distinguished road
Default ReadyShare USB Storage Problem??

Ok, so my problem is: I have a NETGEAR DGND3300v2 that I bought yesterday. I have 1 wired computer and several wireless laptops that come and go throughout the house. The router works perfectly apart from one thing - I can connect to my portable hard drive connected to the router on any of the wireless laptops but I cannot access it on the wired computer. I can still access the internet perfectly fine just not the drive... I find this very weird.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM

Garyy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ReadyShare USB Storage Problem??

Quote:
Originally Posted by benh View Post
Ok, so my problem is: I have a NETGEAR DGND3300v2 that I bought yesterday. I have 1 wired computer and several wireless laptops that come and go throughout the house. The router works perfectly apart from one thing - I can connect to my portable hard drive connected to the router on any of the wireless laptops but I cannot access it on the wired computer. I can still access the internet perfectly fine just not the drive... I find this very weird.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,
I'm having the same issue with my dgn3500. My laptop sees the usb drive and I've transfered files to it from my laptop, but my PC dosnt see it and it cannot find it !!! Otherwise everything else is fine. It did say that on the resoures disk is the readyshare exe file but its not on there and the netgear site dosnt respond when trying to download it.
Any ideas anyone.
Cheers
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:18 AM

Cant anybody help with this issue ????
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Ok finally sorted this out myself.

Had to go into my firewall settings and adjust what was allowed to connect and what wasnt. Can'nt tell you exactly what I did but it was my main pc that was blocking access. I also reset my TCP/IP stack so this may have helped as well. So alls connecting to protable hd in the dgn3500 and both pc and laptop are seeing and talking to each other.

Cheers
Old December 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Robfnk is on a distinguished road

I am having the exact problem only with NETGEAR'S WNDR3700.
Have been emailing back and forth with tech support but it is a very slow process with no results so far.
Has anyone figured out what the problem could be?
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Robfnk is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: ReadyShare USB Storage Problem??

Problem solved for me. When running readyshareconnect.exe. Instead of leaving \\readyshare\USB_Storage for the file name I used the IP Lan address which for me was \\192.168.1.1\USB_Storage and it worked great. Hope this helps as Tech support was not much good in my case.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM

jksnip is on a distinguished road

I get an I/O error message when I want to work on the usb HDD I attached to the DGND3300v2. Any suggestions what this might be?
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:30 PM

Mausgras is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robfnk View Post
Problem solved for me. When running readyshareconnect.exe. Instead of leaving \\readyshare\USB_Storage for the file name I used the IP Lan address which for me was \\192.168.1.1\USB_Storage and it worked great. Hope this helps as Tech support was not much good in my case.
I saw your message and it looked great. but how do you do it
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM

Mausgras is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robfnk View Post
Thanks for the suggestion it looks great but how did you make it work. When I run readyshareconnect.exe with the new IP Lan, I get a message "connecting to \\192.168.1.1\USB_Storage" and nothing happens.

Help appreciated
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM

wsmgamache is on a distinguished road

After you click on run, a box will pop up that asks for the drive and file name. You paste \\192.168.1.1\USB_Storage in for the file name instead of the \\readyshare. I picked the drive that corresponds to that is on my desktop computer. I don't know if that makes a difference. Mine worked right away! Thank you Robfnk!