Old June 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM

GameTime is on a distinguished road
Question WNDA3100 Disconnecting from Network with big files

Hi Guys,
I just started having network dropout issues with my WNDA3100, which is strange because it only started playing up a few weeks ago and I have no idea what is causing it. I only get the dropouts when transferring large files over the network. Here is my setup

My computer (Windows 7) using WNDA3100
WNDR3700 acting as an AP
File server running 2k3 (connected with LAN)

Here are the things Iíve tried.
1- Updated the WNDA3100 driver to the latest version 3.0.0.2
2- Updated the WNDR3700 firmware to the latest version 1.0.4.68

Iím pretty sure itís a problem with my WNDA3100, because other laptops im my house donít get the dropouts. Also when I get the dropouts, it actually completely disconnects my computer from the network, not just internet access. To get it working again, i just disable the WNDA3100 in device manager and re-enable it, which seems to get it connected back to the WLAN straight away.

Does anyone have any ideas? This has really gotten me stumped.
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

CORRUPT27 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDA3100 Disconnecting from Network with big files

Funny I have the same issue. But i do not have a WNDA3100. But i do have a WNDR3700.
What seems to happen to me is my pc is wired to a port on the router and sometimes i will loose connection to the network. All other pcs and equipment have no issues just my pc. I then need to disable and reenable my network connection.

Has anyone been able to figure out the issue?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

pepsiaddict is on a distinguished road

I am seeing the exact same issue as gametime ... same router, same adapter. The only thing I have noticed is that the WNDA3100v2 adapter only disconnects on large file transfers on the 5GHz band. When connected on the 2.4GHz band it runs fine ... slow ... but fine.

Its very frustrating ... between issues on adapters and the WNDR3700 router ... i was in running faster and more stable with my Linksys WRT54G router and Rosewill generic 802.11g PCI card. :-(
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

pepsiaddict is on a distinguished road

Small update. I discovered that even tho my adapter's software was claiming to have the latest version of the driver installed (v1.3) ... it was really only v1.2. So much for the "check for updates" functionality ...

I uninstalled 1.2 and installed 1.3. I still get the WNDA3100v2 disconnecting from the network during the first large file transfer after the PC is booted. Once it "freaks out" I unplug the adapter and plug it back in. From then on I have no problems with large file transfers ... using this process (Which is not ideal at all) I have been able to transfer multiple batches of 1+ GB files without issue.

The Windows 7 driver is *supposed* to be the same between v1.2 and v1.3. The client application is significantly different tho. Whats really confusing is that it would only crash on the first transfer ... at least there is a workaround for now :-/
Old March 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM

girakul is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem, every time I try to copy a file on the network from another user who shares the internet through a Netgear router, my wireless adaptor goes offline, and it forces me to reconnect it with the USB port. Any help with this issue would be appreciated!
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM

girakul is on a distinguished road

Ok I found what the problem is... Apparently this adapter does not work well with any wireless security settings but the WEP... Change your router wireless security settings to WEP and this problem should be solved! (I used to use WPA...)