Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old June 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

austin20111 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation netgear Wireless-N 300 Router WNR2000v2 problem. . .

Hello everyone. Ive had this router for a few months now, but suddenly it stopped working yesterday. I looked on the computer and everything showed that it was fine, but i couldn't access any sites. Everything is plugged in, theres no different flashing lights, just a green power switch, the weird i thing which i don't know what that is, the blue wireless signal, and the number 2 glowing. Also, it doesn't even work on my wired connection, even though it says that it should be. I diagnosed the connection problems but nothing seamed to work, and it is the router because if i hook my wired computer to my modem directly it works, which is what i am using now. ALSO, this happened to another router a very long time ago, but it was a linksys.

Any suggestions?.. i am completely stumped.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:07 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

turbolad is on a distinguished road
Question Re: netgear Wireless-N 300 Router WNR2000v2 problem. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin20111 View Post
Hello everyone. Ive had this router for a few months now, but suddenly it stopped working yesterday. I looked on the computer and everything showed that it was fine, but i couldn't access any sites. Everything is plugged in, theres no different flashing lights, just a green power switch, the weird i thing which i don't know what that is, the blue wireless signal, and the number 2 glowing. Also, it doesn't even work on my wired connection, even though it says that it should be. I diagnosed the connection problems but nothing seamed to work, and it is the router because if i hook my wired computer to my modem directly it works, which is what i am using now. ALSO, this happened to another router a very long time ago, but it was a linksys.

Any suggestions?.. i am completely stumped.
Before you throw the towel in, can you get into the router's settings? What about resetting it?

I had a frustrating time getting my netgear WNR2000 working, but with determination I did get it working.

Is it still under warranty/guarantee?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: netgear Wireless-N 300 Router WNR2000v2 problem. . .

see router reset on my sig below .

hard reset is first thing you should do...
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com