Old June 30th, 2010, 09:13 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

155plus is on a distinguished road
Question Remote Hex codes

Hi there,

Did a search and was unable to find information. I have an EVA 9000 and I'm tryign to incoporate it into a whole house sound system (Nuvo). The installer (and NUvo - called their tech support already) does not have the hex codes for the Netgear remote IR signals and hence is unable to get the IR relaying functionality to work.

Anybody here know what the hex codes are? I think the codes for pretty much any EVA device will work.

Any assistance highly appreciated!

Carl
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:23 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remote Hex codes

most remote had learning capabilities. Doens't have that?
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:32 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
most remote had learning capabilities. Doens't have that?
Good question.
The answer is that they way many of these systems work is that they actually do not just relay the IR signal. When the reciever in the wall (key pad) recieves the signal, it modulates the signal based on the IR library file that is associated for that source (Netgear). The modulated signal (not a direct IR flash) gets sent through the CAT5 cable to the main control unit (in the basement) of the Nuvo system. The system then demodulates the code and sends out the correct flash to the box in the basement using an IR emitter.
This allows the Nuvo box to actually understand the state of the connected devices (esp if they have two way IR feedback mechanisms), and since they recreate the IR signal it will be of excellent quality and works well in noisy environments (plasma, sun light etc).
BUT, in order to modulate the signal - it needs to knwo the hex codes for the IR codes recieved. Most vendors happily release these, or the community finds it out.
For Netgear - no people seem to have tried to use it as a source for a whole house Nuvo system....
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155plus View Post
Good question.
The answer is that they way many of these systems work is that they actually do not just relay the IR signal. When the reciever in the wall (key pad) recieves the signal, it modulates the signal based on the IR library file that is associated for that source (Netgear). The modulated signal (not a direct IR flash) gets sent through the CAT5 cable to the main control unit (in the basement) of the Nuvo system. The system then demodulates the code and sends out the correct flash to the box in the basement using an IR emitter.
This allows the Nuvo box to actually understand the state of the connected devices (esp if they have two way IR feedback mechanisms), and since they recreate the IR signal it will be of excellent quality and works well in noisy environments (plasma, sun light etc).
BUT, in order to modulate the signal - it needs to knwo the hex codes for the IR codes recieved. Most vendors happily release these, or the community finds it out.
For Netgear - no people seem to have tried to use it as a source for a whole house Nuvo system....

send above to my.netgear.com and ask
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
send above to my.netgear.com and ask
I did that. Waiting to hear back....
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:18 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

muzicman61 is on a distinguished road

Can the Nuvo use CCF files (Philips Pronot)? I have a CCF for the 8000 which should have the majority of the IR commands found on the 9150.
NETWORK & NAS - ReadyNAS NV+ (8TB), NV+ (6TB), Duo (2TB), Buffalo NAS (2TB), Netgear WNDR4000 & 3800 Routers, (2) Netgear GS608 Switches. APC UPS.
Powered Source: Illudium P-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman61 View Post
Can the Nuvo use CCF files (Philips Pronot)? I have a CCF for the 8000 which should have the majority of the IR commands found on the 9150.
Well, I believe it's a different binary file, BUT if you have the Prono software, you should be able to see the hex codes in clear and copy and paste them into a post here or a document that you could send to me. That would be fantastic! Basically doing an inverse config.

Thanks in advance!

Carl
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:43 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

muzicman61 is on a distinguished road

I don't have the Pronto software loaded on any of my systems anymore. But send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the CCF to you.
NETWORK & NAS - ReadyNAS NV+ (8TB), NV+ (6TB), Duo (2TB), Buffalo NAS (2TB), Netgear WNDR4000 & 3800 Routers, (2) Netgear GS608 Switches. APC UPS.
Powered Source: Illudium P-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman61 View Post
I don't have the Pronto software loaded on any of my systems anymore. But send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the CCF to you.
Done - help appreciated!

Netgear has been all quiet on both the tech nsupport request and on this forum.
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155plus View Post
Done - help appreciated!

Netgear has been all quiet on both the tech nsupport request and on this forum.
forum is NOT supported so you will not see any answer except from my.netgear.com