Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM

Dowser is on a distinguished road
Angry WNDA3100v2 Connection Problems

I have a Sky Broadband Netgear V2 DG934G Router (SN 1NJ49AB508AD7) with three laptops currently connected to the internet through it (All working perfectly).

Laptop 1 (Dell Latitude 2650) is running XP Professional Service pack 3 and is using a Netgear WG511T Card. Connects Automatically to the above router, without fail, from anywhere in the house or garden and the connection has never dropped in three years of usage.

Laptop 2 (Dell Inspiron 4100) is also running XP Professional Service pack 3 and is using a Netgear WG511T Card. Connects Automatically to the above router, without fail, from anywhere in the house or garden and again the connection has never dropped in three years of usage.

Laptop 3 (Acer Aspire 5732Z) is running Window 7 and has built in wireless. As above connects Automatically to the above router, without fail, from anywhere in the house or garden and again the connection has never dropped in 6 months of usage.

Today I had to move my Home PC, a Dell Dimension 4600 into my conservatory using a Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter (It had previously been connected by wire to my Sky Router and again worked perfectly). I have spent the day trying to get this thing working. I installed the adapter using the CD because I did not have internet connection in the conservatory. At first it connected immediately and I thought great that was easy! Spoke to soon... after the first reboot the adapter did not connect automatically even though I had saved the settings as a profile. When I tried to connect manually it took 4 or five attempts but eventually it connected even though I was just repeating the steps exactly the same each time. I rebooted the machine again and exact same thing yet again... No automatic reconnection and many failed attempts to get it connected.

What is going on??? The adapter is seeing the router/network with a signal strength varying between 75-100%.

Is there a compatability issue between the Sky Netgear Router and the WNDA3100v2 ?

I tried to update the WNDA3100v2 driver from the Netgear website and it doesn't work at all. The Netgear Connetion Program just flashes up for a second then dissappears. I eventually had to roll back to the CD software just to get a hit or miss connection.

Please could somebody help me with this... It's starting to get extremely frustrating after having years of trouble free wireless.
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Dogcatrabbit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDA3100v2 Connection Problems

I have a similar problem:

The first software install did not go smoothly - it froze whilst trying to detect the adapter - I subsequently reinstalled and got it working.

Unfortunately, when I rebooted my PC - it did not automatically detect any connections. Using the Netgear Utility software did not work. I eventually physically disconnected the adapter and reconnected it. This seemed to do the trick and it detected my network and neighbours. Unfortunately the internet connection did not stay on for long - a few minutes.

I have noticed that on the status bar in the Netgear Utility app it shows an IP address, rather than 'Connected to Internet or Router' - According to the Netgear instructions, this means that whilst the wireless connection to the router is OK, there is a problem with the router.

I am not so sure this is correct, as I have used a Belkin Wireless N adaptor and it connects fine to my router - with no disconnects.

My router is a Netgear WNDA3100 physically connected to a DLink 2640R wireless Modem Router. I am using Windows 7 64bit.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM

peterparker is on a distinguished road

Me and my roomates have all purchased the same ones and I had purchased 3 at the time because I had three desktops. We all had issues with these and had 2 of mine RMA through Netgear within the first year but the replacement were no better than the ones we had sent them. I first thought it would be an IP address conflict but brought it to my GF's and same issues. The WNDA3100V2 I can confirm 100% does have connectivity issues and once I had changed my WIFI adapter with their slightly slower WNA3100 the two new ones work 100% without any IP or connectivity issues, and no disconnects!

It's just their WNDA3100V2 that's having issues as my buddies had also got theirs RMA and are still having the same problems with their replacements. Netgear should have recalled that specific model instead of selling them to the market as it's a peice of **** and no one should have to deal with inconsistencies with their connection or other problems. I do have oe of their high end WIFI routers and it works like a charm so am happy with that but definitely not the WNDA3100V2, it's a peice of crap!
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM

peterparker is on a distinguished road

Me and my roomates have all purchased the same ones and I had purchased 3 at the time because I had three desktops. We all had issues with these and had 2 of mine RMA through Netgear within the first year but the replacement were no better than the ones we had sent them. I first thought it would be an IP address conflict but brought it to my GF's and same issues. The WNDA3100V2 I can confirm 100% does have connectivity issues and once I had changed my WIFI adapter with their slightly slower WNA3100 the two new ones work 100% without any IP or connectivity issues, and no disconnects!

It's just their WNDA3100V2 that's having issues as my buddies had also got theirs RMA and are still having the same problems with their replacements. Netgear should have recalled that specific model instead of selling them to the market as it's a peice of crap and no one should have to deal with inconsistencies with their connection or other problems. I do have oe of their high end WIFI routers and it works like a charm so am happy with that but definitely not the WNDA3100V2, it's a peice of crap!