Old August 14th, 2010, 08:41 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Dave_54 is on a distinguished road
Default WNDR3700 Attached Devices List Empty

The router service seems to be working fine except:

The Router console can not get firmware upgrades [it says I do not have an internet connection]! Even more bothersome at the moment the Attached Devices list is empty. It does not even recognize the Hard Wired console:

Windows 7, 64-Bit, IE8 8.0.7600

Firmware Version V1.0.4.68NA
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.42

I have at least 6 wireless devices connected and of course the one hardwired computer described above. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

FaulkNet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR3700 Attached Devices List Empty

Firmware Version V1.0.4.68NA
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.42

I have the same problem with my attached devices list being empty.

The WNDR3700 is now up and running as the backbone of my home network; attached to the first two LAN ports are gigabit Netgear switches that handle traffic from a) our living room entertainment center and b) my desk, where I have hard-wired a Linux desktop, a Macbook Pro, and a ReadyNAS Duo--all of which have reserved IPs for the sake of port forwarding.

So, obviously I have a bunch of devices physically wired to the router. On the afternoon that I set it up, I played with the routing tables a bit before deciding to go with it's recommendation to upgrade my wireless encryption from WEP to WPA-PSK. However, as soon as I switched to the new wireless encryption scheme, the list of attached devices went blank and has nary informed me of an attached device since.

Not sure if anything short of a firmware upgrade is gonna fix this. Here's hoping it gets addressed.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

FaulkNet is on a distinguished road

A quick update to the previous post:

I noticed that the link to the switch at my desk was only functioning at 100Mbps, as opposed to full gigabit. This was puzzling considering all of the links on the switch except the one leading to the router were showing gigabit functionality.

After rewiring the switch to make sure that its main port was in fact running to the router, it occurred to me that I had spliced the line to the router through the surge-protected ethernet jacks on the UPS under my desk.

I unplugged the two ends of the line from the UPS, reconnected them with a female-female connector, et voila; not only did the link immediately switch to 1000Mbps, but the router's web interface once again shows a populated attached devices list. Go figure.

Not sure if this is going to help you Dave, but double-checking your connections can't hurt.

Regards
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

TsukubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I just picked up this router today and am having the same issue; the attached devices list is empty even though I have at least five devices attached.

I'm having another issue where just one computer that's hard-wired can't connect to the network for whatever reason, but that's a separate problem...
Old October 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM

Balthazor is on a distinguished road

Same issue here, I have 6 wired devices (three computers, Xbox360, Wii and BluRay player) and two wireless laptop connections, yet my Attached Devices list shows nothing.

Is it just me, or does it seem like hardware providers are showing less and less concern for supplying firmware that actually functions?
Old October 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

RodliketoParty is on a distinguished road

I think I posted my reply to this in the wrong thread. I am having a similar issue. My wireless devices are showing up in the wired section of my attached devices list. I also have the same issue with the router upgrade page not finding an internet connection, even though my computer is actually connected to the internet. The only solution I have found so far is to power cycle the router every time this happens.
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

rscully is on a distinguished road

Same problem here. Latest firmware but attached devices list empty
Old October 19th, 2010, 09:19 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

cspencerjr is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: WNDR3700 Attached Devices List Empty

I have had the same problem, and even though currently connected wireless devices will still work, any new wireless device will not longer be able to connect.

Only way for me to fix it is to reboot the router.

Then my wireless devices can start connecting again and the devices list start populating again.

Hope that gets fixed. It's kind of like my wireless lock's up.

Note: I have wireless devices connecting via 'N' to both channels so i pretty much tax out the router.
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM

package is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problems. I did not see these prior to upgrading to v68.

Does anyone know if Netgear is addressing these issues?

Thanks.
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM

package is on a distinguished road

I am have the same issues. I did not see these problems with the prior firmware version, only after I upgarded to Version V1.0.4.68NA.

Has anyone called this into Netgear?