Old August 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

sp845 is on a distinguished road
Default Using Repeater to Extend Wireless Range

I currently have a WNDR3400 N600 router in my home and would like to extend the wireless range to my garage computer which is approximately 150 feet from the home router. I have purchased a WNDR3700 N600 Gigabit router for the garage computer. Connecting the two routers via ethernet cord is not an option. I understand that both routers have the repeater function and that this can be used to extend/magnify a wireless signal.

I would prefer that the second router act only as a repeater rather than as a second, stand-alone router. It would also be great if files could be shared between the two computers through the singular network supported by the base router and the repeater. What steps do I need to complete in the configuration of each router to properly achieve the described network? Please be specific in instructions as I am limited in my knowledge of wireless networking.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:35 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

katrinabernardino is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Using Repeater to Extend Wireless Range

Check this link http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...ds/r_id/100109 and work as your reference guidelines

---------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if I could help you.
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:31 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Using Repeater to Extend Wireless Range

WHNDE111 and repeater.
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40

if just need a desktop PC to have networked and wired the device is fine WHNDE111 with WPS setting would be better than traditional WDS repeat settings

if you need wireless at garage, you can hookup wireless access point behind the WHNDE111

reason for this setup is WDS will be WEP and WPS will have better encryption setup..