Old March 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

frustrated_user is on a distinguished road
Default Router advanced setting help

Hi,

Can someone point me to any page containing Advanced user Setup for a WGR614NA router? My router goes dead every week or two and I have to do a reset by poking a pencil into some port. After which, it shows a Basic settings page. The Advanced User Setup is a link at the bottom of the Basic settings page. Thats all I remember from my numerous conversations with helpdesk people. But now I can't call because my 90 days are over.

Anyhelp in doing the setup will be appreciated. I think, after the initial configuration, I can do the wireless setup myself. My service provider is Adelphia and cable modem is ISP provided and unnamed.

By the way, I also wanted to say that this product is horrible and will never buy Netgear again. Besides, everytime when I called helpdesk during my 90 day period, they told "everything is fine with router" and then did troubleshooting over phone. Now after 90 days I am stuck!
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:17 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

wiredsonx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Router advanced setting help

Hi...

Do you have this manual: http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta= , might help!
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:09 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Router advanced setting help

That manual is several years old for the version 1.0 router and on a third party site, this is the official place to obtain up to date information;

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGR614.asp