Old September 9th, 2010, 03:09 AM

fuxx is on a distinguished road
Unhappy WN2000RPT - everything works, except internet connection

Hey,

I bought a Netgear WN2000RPT today to extend the network in my apartment. I have a Netgear CBVG834G which takes care of internet routing and telephone. The wireless network of CBVG834G is very weak in some rooms, so I wanted to extend it with the WN2000RPT. I followed the steps in the setup guide and everything worked just fine, it connected to the existing wireless network and all. But at the last step, when I'm told to connect to the repeater-network (i chose an alternate name for it), my laptop does connect but shows "no internet connection". If I click the button "I connected to the repeater-network" in the install-assistant, the page could not be loaded because of missing internet connection.

Some informations about the existing wireless network:
Device: Netgear CBVG834G
Security: WEP 128 bit
MAC-Filter: No
IP-Adresses are served via DHCP in range 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.19
IP-Adress of device: 192.168.0.1

The connection of WN2000RPT to CBVG834G is good (green LED, ~75% on mywifiext.net).
I also tried to activate the DHCP of WN2000RPT via mywifiext.net/cgi-bin/hidden_dhcpd.html, that didn't work, too. Maybe it's because CBVG834G is serving IPs in the range 192.168.0.X and WN2000RPT in the range of 192.168.1.X, but this can't be changed on both devices.

Help please.
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM

fuxx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WN2000RPT - everything works, except internet connection

Nevermind, it works now. Had to enter the password as WEP-key, not -passphrase. Thread can be closed.