Old October 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

vikings is on a distinguished road
Default Native wifi default profile

I just installed windows 7 32 bit on my desktop and also got a new WNA3100 adapter, After installation and connection it does not automatically connect to my address rather it connects to Native WIFI Default Profile. I cannot delete it, move it, or anything to remove it. After every restart it connects to this network. Any answers of how to delete it for good??
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

NLionsCJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Native wifi default profile

Hello there

Kindly indicate your OS version ( windows version) of the computer.

And by the way, if you would be happen how to edit the native wifi profile, all you have to do is indicate in the native wifi profile the following
SSID, Security encryption type (WEP/WPA TKIP/WPA2 AES) and the password (Network key/Security Key) for your wireless network

If ever the above does not work, please do uninstall completely the wireless adapter itself from the "device manager" of the the windows and remove the drivers that were used previously. Reboot the computer and install the latest available driver for your wireless adapter.
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:36 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to go network connection in control panel.

then find manage wireless in left span, you should able to delete any current and past SSID that was setup. delete those profile and rescan your network and add again
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

asdasdasd is on a distinguished road

I have this same issue as OP and did on my last computer too. My SSID, radio signal etc match those of my router.

Is it just a profile created by netgear software or is there any chance my network could be compromised?
Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

msnancy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLionsCJ View Post
Hello there

Kindly indicate your OS version ( windows version) of the computer.

And by the way, if you would be happen how to edit the native wifi profile, all you have to do is indicate in the native wifi profile the following
SSID, Security encryption type (WEP/WPA TKIP/WPA2 AES) and the password (Network key/Security Key) for your wireless network

If ever the above does not work, please do uninstall completely the wireless adapter itself from the "device manager" of the the windows and remove the drivers that were used previously. Reboot the computer and install the latest available driver for your wireless adapter.

I have a WNDR3700 & a WN802Tv2 on WDS mode. (I have it on WEP)

Using Win7, working normally before and after 3 days I can see this "Native Wifi" on the SSID list (Not in there before)

I says connected but im not online. so I've tried to delete the Native Wifi profile at it KEEPS coming back.

So I connect it to my Linksys router and it cannot connect aswell

It seems there is an issue with the adapter itself. (and the Native Wifi is still in my SSID list) comments is appreciated hons.
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

netgearwnda3100v2adapter is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=jmizoguchi;296116]you need to go network connection in control panel.

then find manage wireless in left span, you should able to delete any current and past SSID that was setup. delete those profile and rescan your network and add again

R. I tried this several times, it keeps coming back. I have the native profile with multiple networks listed?
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM

Thumbs down Re: Native wifi default profile

If you are using wnda3100 then make sure you choose to use WZC( windows zero config) or if you are using Netgear utility , you can delete the profile within the Netgear utlity
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

[QUOTE=netgearwnda3100v2adapter;312822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
you need to go network connection in control panel.

R. I tried this several times, it keeps coming back. I have the native profile with multiple networks listed?
Go to run and open your 'msconfig'

Untick the netgear adapter on the services, and untick it under the startup.
Delete the native wifi under the preferred networks.
And then restart your PC.

Use wireless zero to connect. It should work fine now.
(In some case you have to add the network manually to work.)
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM

WZC is disabled when Netgear utility is used so native MS wireless utility will not cause issues when Netgear utility is used. While Netgear utility is used , any profile is located in the Netgear Utlity

While Netgear utility is used WZC is disabled so you will not able to use until you enable from the wireless adapter . Then you can delete the profile listed in WZC
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:28 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
WZC is disabled when Netgear utility is used so native MS wireless utility will not cause issues when Netgear utility is used. While Netgear utility is used , any profile is located in the Netgear Utlity

While Netgear utility is used WZC is disabled so you will not able to use until you enable from the wireless adapter . Then you can delete the profile listed in WZC
Just to let you know Im aware of this.

For some unknown reason it display the native wifi and there is no good explanation why native why wifi shows up when using Netgear adapter.. ive heared alot of walkaround on this but still no official fix.

But that is my workaround with the native wifi.. works for me & i hope it work your you guys.
It happen on my WDS 37AV & WN802Tv2.

The key is ive try not to load the Netgear on startup and use wireless zero.