Old November 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

airmech737 is on a distinguished road
Default WNR2000 times two for bridge/access point

I have two WNR2000 routers. Want to use one as a bridge or access point. Here is my situation.

I have two laptops connected. I have two desktops far away (25 feet) from the modem and first router. So I purchased a second WNR2000 to sit at the desktops and want to connect them to the first via the second...

I have followed all of the documentation that I can find. I have matched my wireless setting even in WEP.

I have set each router up in "Wireless Repeating Function" properly. I have followed http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2745

I do not get internet at the second unit. After configuring the first unit, I check for attached devices and that IP changes to 10.0.0.8. Does that mean when i set up my second unit my IP must be 10..... or is it still 192.168....

Help please. the kids are driving me nuts
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WNR2000 times two for bridge/access point

1. if you get 10.0.0.0 on main router , you have improper setup on broadband and router

see router setup on my sig below
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

OK. I have yet to check the setup in your sig. But I changed the transfer rate to 145mbps on the main unit. On the secondary unit, I am seeing transmission in router status. But the desktop at the second router does not have internet.

I am working off of the main unit wireless with this reply.
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Alright, I have reset both routers back to factory. I have configured again to http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2745.

The IPs are 192.168..... that is fixed though I have not idea what went wrong there.

I still have no internet connection between the two units. The main unit works fine. But the secondary unit is not connecting.