Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM

candymanlux is on a distinguished road
Default User Manual of NTV550

Hi All,

I read some reviews about the NTV550 and I'm rather interested in this model. However I haven't been able to find a user manual to download in order to read up on the device. Is such a manual available yet or not as I was unable to find one on either the US or German Netgear pages.

Thanks,
CandymanLUX
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

fonzie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: User Manual of NTV550

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanlux View Post
Hi All,

I read some reviews about the NTV550 and I'm rather interested in this model. However I haven't been able to find a user manual to download in order to read up on the device. Is such a manual available yet or not as I was unable to find one on either the US or German Netgear pages.

Thanks,
CandymanLUX
It should have been available prior to launch but it isn't. There is supplied with the unit. It only contains a link to the online documentation which isn't available. It also contains software.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:06 AM

candymanlux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
It should have been available prior to launch but it isn't. There is supplied with the unit. It only contains a link to the online documentation which isn't available. It also contains software.
I see ... thanks ... let's hope they will make it before the device is on sale here :-).
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

msiegberg is on a distinguished road

Is there still no user manual avaiable at this time?

I am looking for it.

I have a lot of problems to connect my NeoTV / NTV 550 with my Synology DS410 Diskstation and i donīt know the reasons.

Best regards,
msiegberg
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:47 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Ian_F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiegberg View Post
Is there still no user manual avaiable at this time?

I am looking for it.

I have a lot of problems to connect my NeoTV / NTV 550 with my Synology DS410 Diskstation and i donīt know the reasons.

Best regards,
msiegberg
What problems are you having with it? Hopefully someone here can give you more specific advice than would be found in the manual
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

RDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiegberg View Post
I've got a Synology DS210j and it works fine with that. I don't use iSCSI, just a 'Volume' and via the web interface create shares.

Be aware that you need to add users and give them the correct rights. In the NTV I added them with a user account. Without it would add the share, but it couldn't access it, which makes sense to me. Did you try it with supplying the user account?
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Bubulle is on a distinguished road

Not having a user manual is really a pain in the... I hope it will be available soon.
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Dogbert is on a distinguished road

From the information I got the User Manual is in it's final stages of review, and should be available soon. In the meantime, the NTV550 is similar enough to the EVA9000 series that alot of the basic information will be identical.
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

msiegberg is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: User Manual of NTV550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC View Post
I've got a Synology DS210j and it works fine with that. I don't use iSCSI, just a 'Volume' and via the web interface create shares.

Be aware that you need to add users and give them the correct rights. In the NTV I added them with a user account. Without it would add the share, but it couldn't access it, which makes sense to me. Did you try it with supplying the user account?
I got it. I have forgotten to give the user the correct right. I have also forgotten to install the ntvīs ip adress in the nfs-rights.

Now everything is working fine :-)
Old December 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

slickgroup is on a distinguished road

A manual is not really needed. It is all quite self explanatory.
Altough i do not understand the audio decoding part. It only seems to change the setting after reboot. It might be buggy.
Still some issues with playback of photos.
Neo often does not display the color layers correctly and sometimes even hangs or reboots on JPG playback. Hope a feature update resolves these issues.Playback from NAS, DS109 works fine, exept when the NAS is busy doing other things but that makes sense. No playback problems, but i use NFS only which is the fastest protocol. Still believe this player will get better over time.