Old December 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM

BTDT is on a distinguished road
Default WNR2000 v1 refuses new connections

I have a Netgear WNR2000 v1 that performs well for the most part, but has to be rebooted every few weeks when it starts refusing connections to devices as they are turned on (e.g. laptops, iPhones, iPads, etc.).

Note that this reboot problem used to only come up every few months, but over the past year or so our household has seen a significant growth in mobile devices with wifi connectivity -- thus there are a lot more instances of devices being turned on, acquiring a connection, etc. My suspicion has been that some sort of log is filling up and that the router won't accept new connections after that, but I can't find anything in the settings that will let me fix this problem in that regard. Also note that I am *not* on the latest firmware version, but haven't found anything in the firmware update notes or this forum to support a firmware update being a potential solution.

Has anyone else seen this or have any pointers? Note that my network supports a mix of wired gigabit ethernet, wireless G and wireless N devices. I have been thinking that the newer dual band routers might better fit my needs....
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR2000 v1 refuses new connections

I use wnr2000 as an access point and I reboot unit as maintenance routine as I get issue here and there
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old December 14th, 2010, 05:32 AM

BTDT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR2000 v1 refuses new connections

So the answer is that this is normal behavior for this router? Do the newer batch of routers have similar issues?