Old December 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM

carlitos is on a distinguished road
Default Can't connect by several tries

Hi, i got a issue with with my tv adapter, i buy my toshiba laptop several months ago and when I buy it it works perfect but in the last month and after an update i couldn't connect again my laptop with my tv, i have been trying everything erase and install again all the updates but nothing happen the time in the connection is so long and at the the connection end without any reason apparently, please if someone can help me I appreciate it.
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

msnancy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't connect by several tries

Check if your laptop is listed in the compatibility list & get the corect driver here:

http://netgear.com/ptv

What's the model of your laptop anyway?

If you cannot fix it, contact the laptop support and ask assistant on how to revert the driver to its working state.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Thank you so much, I have a toshiba satellite E205-S1904 and when I tried to download the driver from the push2tv website told me that i already have a newer version in my laptop and I tried to erase the driver and install the one in the website and it continue with the problem.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

msnancy is on a distinguished road

glad its working now
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

pac is on a distinguished road

He said it's still not working - I'm having the same problem and I also have the newest driver.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

KJinCNJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnancy View Post
glad its working now
OMG am I in the Twilight zone? Is there anyone who can actually help with these problems

I just posted a dissertation in another persons post. Are these experts? or just automated responses LOL. Just kidding msnancy. I'm sure you misunderstood. I am just soooo over this whole "Push 2 TV" experience, I am ready to "Push it out the Window" Ill pay someone the $50 bucks I saved on this dam thing to get it to work lol. KJ
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

KJinCNJ is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks, I FINALLY figured it out after re-scrutinizing the old forums. I simply re-downloaded a bunch of Intel software. It worked and this is super cool. This is the link I followed:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-031109.htm

A few tricks: (note there is a 4th download for Toshiba user)

1) You must download the first three updates in order. the 1st download is confusing as there are two entries for 64 Bit and they look the same. I just picked the first one (My Laptop is an HP dm4-1160us)

2) When each download finishes, it ask's you to reboot. Say NO (later) If you restart, at least save the above link so you know where to resume. If you lose your wireless connection, simply double click on it and disconnect from your wifi network, then reconnect. Your connection will work again without re-booting.

3) Once the three downloads are complete and you are have rebooted, you will be asked to change a few things like the location (Living rm) and you will have to ack. the terms of software. Then you should be on your way. I actually opened my "Intel WiFi Technology" icon and was able to watch the PVT jump onto my "Connected Devices" area and show an IP address.

4) It did say that there is a wireless update available do I want to install it. I said NO!!!! (I think thats what started this mess)

Hope this info helps. I am sooo glad I didnt send the box back as I purchased on Ebay barnd new sealed for $49 with free shipping.

KJ
Old April 27th, 2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks for all your answers, Finally I solve the problem, the issue was that my antivirus was blocked the program, when I want to turn on the push2tv I have to off the firewall of the antivirus completely don't work if I only put that the program was on the exceptions of the firewall. But it works now.