Old December 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
NETGEAR Expert

kncowans is on a distinguished road
Default The NTV550 and Harmony One Remote

Hello all

I have finally ordered a Harmony One Remote and was wondering if anyone is using one of these with the Neo.

My Harmony One has not arrived yet but I want to be aware of any issues I may encounter beforehand.

I will be using it with a Panasonic TX-L32X10B TV.

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
NETGEAR Expert

loekf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The NTV550 and Harmony One Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by kncowans View Post
Hello all

I have finally ordered a Harmony One Remote and was wondering if anyone is using one of these with the Neo.

My Harmony One has not arrived yet but I want to be aware of any issues I may encounter beforehand.

I will be using it with a Panasonic TX-L32X10B TV.

Thanks in advance

Kevin
It should work fine. However, i am still using my own settings and learned commands from the beta phase and not the pre-prgrammed settings from the Logitech database. I found out that the settings from the EVA9150 (though similar very similar) don't work well. You have to tweak the delay and repat settings. You will find the NeoTV under media center PC in the LOgitech database.
Onkyo TX-NR609 (TMA speakers, Phonar sub-woofer)
Philips 37PFL5603 37" LCDTV | PS3 "slim" with 500 GB | Philips DVP5992 1080p DVD player
Logitech Harmony One
Sonos multi-room "enabled"
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

muzicman61 is on a distinguished road

The stock codes from Logitech work fine. Better than my modified 9150 settings. Search for Media PC/Netgear/NTV550.

You can actually go to this website and create an account, and start customizing your remote, even though you don't have it yet.

http://members.harmonyremote.com
NETWORK & NAS - ReadyNAS NV+ (8TB), NV+ (6TB), Duo (2TB), Buffalo NAS (2TB), Netgear WNDR4000 & 3800 Routers, (2) Netgear GS608 Switches. APC UPS.
Powered Source: Illudium P-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:57 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

dasx is on a distinguished road

I'm using it without a single problem. I did configure every single command from the original remote though. Didn't have a reason to, I just prefer to do it that way, as I'm sure I know were every single action is located.
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:49 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

I use 9100 with harmony and have no issues.

also you harmony can learn as well so you should able to make work any how if the code is not updates by logitech server yet
Old December 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
NETGEAR User

SteinyD is on a distinguished road

I updated my Harmony One today from my former config for the 9150 to the NTV550. All works well as programmed but have made several changes and improvements. I've setup a sequence for 'info' to move from the cover art view to the fanart/movie synopsis view instead of two clicks to get there. The 'previous' button takes you back to the cover art display.

I've also moved the view change to the up and down buttons (not directional buttons).

Otherwise, for the most part it is very useful as found in the Logitech database.
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:42 AM
NETGEAR Expert

kncowans is on a distinguished road

Hello all

Thanks for the replys.

Muzicman, I tried the website you mentioned but it did not work. as it asked me to connect the Remote.

Bye for now

Kevin
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

HeiB is on a distinguished road

I've used HarmonyOne on EVA8000,EVA9000 and now the neo - fantastic device this universal remote ! Since I was still using the EVA8000 codes I thought it was time for an upgrade ... Logitech codes for the neo work fine, including delays etc. - one obvious omissoin though are the Pg+ and PG- codes, which are nowhere to be found in Logitech, so you will have to train those yourself ...
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:55 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

barton_fink is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: The NTV550 and Harmony One Remote

I've been using it now for a couple of weeks (since I got my NeoTV-550 box) without any problems. It'll really tidy up your space too! 4 remotes down to 1 for me
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:49 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

ercbul is on a distinguished road

I'm using a Harmony 650 and am very pleased with it. Apart from a few minor adjustments the standard device settings from Logitech have worked from the start. The only thing that's slightly annoying is the sensitivity of the directional buttons when scrolling through items on the 550. I constantly find it jumps two spaces with one press. Is there a setting similar to repeat delay anywhere? There are two settings - Inter-key delay and input delay but it's not clear if one of these controls the sensitivity. Any advice?