Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auto turn off router via schedule - how? (DGND3300v2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Lost View Post
You didnt think? From all your other posts, you state people who come here dont know anything! and here you are finally admitting something you dont know. you also state that others who ask help are clueless..lol. i'll admit i dont know everything about networking and wont belittle others who ask for help unlike you! Oh by the way, learn how to use proper english before replying to peoples answers! Happy New Year Zoguchi!
go some where else . you ONLY have one post and insulting someone

you are attitude is no wanted.

careless your post.. go other forum..

you did not even read whole thread....

DG physically do not have this option..

dumb ass
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

msnancy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Lost View Post
You didnt think? From all your other posts, you state people who come here dont know anything! and here you are finally admitting something you dont know. you also state that others who ask help are clueless..lol. i'll admit i dont know everything about networking and wont belittle others who ask for help unlike you! Oh by the way, learn how to use proper english before replying to peoples answers! Happy New Year Zoguchi!
.......... Lols
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM

If you can't contribute the thread don't post!!!!!!
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

msnancy is on a distinguished road

lols. This is the second post today that you got upset to a member... take it easy. I wish you happy new year

till then -im logout
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

I would just like to remind people that this is a user-to-user forum and not Technical Support. People should not behave like some kind of unpaid Technical Support with an unwritten authority over others, and anyone can discuss an issue if they want.

I_am_lost, I am very suspicious of people who join the forum over a year ago, and their very first post is used to attack another member. Regardless of circumstances this is not allowed, if you have a problem with another forum member then use the proper reporting method and donít start an open argument.

My name is Andy.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

LeeSFoster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnancy View Post
If you still claim this feature to be true, kindly give us a print screen on the UI and the firmware version of the DG.
As mentioned previously, I can't remember the model name, just that it was white, square edged and stood on it's side - and I no longer have it hence this issue. I'm not making a claim either, this router did do this which is why I came on the forum to see if anyone knew how to do the same on my new one. I thought people from NetGear may have picked up on this to verify it.

Buying a new router isn't an option. I have a router that works fine (well until the last firmware wrecked the dual band ability and lost both 5ghz options!)

I've three PC's and 4 iphone/pods connected to it. I only wanted to block 1 PC at a set time but would settle for the whole lot given the time I want anyway.

I'll have a look at the LPC, thanks all for the advice and time taken to answer my question.

I had hoped for an Apple type solution. Such as in the wireless settings have all attached devices listed and by each one a tick box that when ticked will allow the router to perform a function set by the administrator - eg, schedule a block, in which case a start and finish time would appear. Click save and you're done. Simple.

These devices claim to be simple and consumer friendly, but by heck, I'm an intelligent bloke with most things but router configurations is something that does not interest me beyond getting me online. Security and blocking should be a breeze. NetGear should take a leaf out of Apple's book on UI and simplicity and put the advanced stuff behind an advanced button/tab - out of sight and mind!

Cheers

Lee
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:48 AM

most of the GUI with Dlink, liksys, belkin are all the same.

There is other interface that is more complicated these interface are actually easy as it can't be.

since you explicit about not new unit so you must use block services for each devices which you will end up not enough tables to cover it.

now if you just want simple and specific ports you may able to do some but these unit does not have enough memory handle huge listing.

I not yet to see exactly which device you want to block, one or multiple,
blocking 100% with router will be difficult task with multiple devices or bullet proof setup without some changes and re-organize it.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:59 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
most of the GUI with Dlink, liksys, belkin are all the same.
Then they should all take a leaf out of Apple's UI guidelines! Not everyone enjoys playing with settings, most people just want to set it up with ease and forget about it.

I only want to block/remove access for 1 PC only.

LPC is not Mac friendly which hardly comes as a surprise
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:11 AM

Question Re: Auto turn off router via schedule - how? (DGND3300v2)

If you are apple fan like me you buy apple products! ;-)

That is if you are die hard like me. Unfortunate I use Prosafe /Prosecure fir maximum features and not home end

One way to block is delete any service under services tab

Make on services from 1-99999
Them block single PC and use address reservation under LAN seup to push specifi ip to the device

Then setup schedule from schedule tab with correct time. Most router works in 12:00am -11:59pm zone. That also makes some user nit happy in that case use time zone and change so that you trick your router that way

Dlink also has securespot products and stop making ma support. I have tested and they could bit make it work correctly either. Securespot is sold under skink but service is third party as well

Overall, even Mac is getting larger in sales. Windows are dominant users so you will still be heart broken in Mac support

I'm using Mac over decade ... ;-)

Actually. It gotten whole a lot better than decade agao.. Lol
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:25 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks for your help, I've always used Mac's too, nigh on 20 years and it is getting better. Son uses PC though .

Your instructions are not specific enough, could you clarify what it is I'm to do and what is happening because of it. Dont want to make a mistake

cheers