Old August 13th, 2011, 08:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Nipomo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DGND3300 v2 New firmware

I have removed NetGear from my buy list for myself and my company. I have replace the dgn3500 or 3300 I can't remember. I have switched to the apple time capsule great pice of equipment.

Replaced PCs with apple macbook pros. changing to i phone when new iPhone is released.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help. I got rid of my hp printers just incase...
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM
NETGEAR User

dhester is on a distinguished road

Hopefully when the firmware is released for the UK version IP reservation will be working again!

Anybody know if DGND3700 has the same problem with IP reservation?
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:26 AM

sabranan is on a distinguished road

So any word on when a fix is likely to come out?

How difficult can it really be to change the address reservation code back to what it was in ver 42?
Old October 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

BigJohnD is on a distinguished road

I'm pleased to read this thread which confirms my suspicions that the DHCP of V2.1.00.48 over-rides any reserved address, at least for wired devices.

I thought I was going loopy when the LAN IP address of my Buffalo NAS drive (and others, like wired networked printers) kept changing, so negating the port forwarding facility so my son in Australia can access it. (I'm in the UK.)

I think I've got it stabilised now by manually setting the NAS drive's IP Address and not allowing the router to determine it, disabling "allow DHCP to set IP Address". But it was a very frustrating process, and I still keep checking to make sure it's not changed.

Mt past experiences of Netgear routers was that reserving LAN IP Addresses was reliable and solid, and I never expected any problems. However, this firmware (V2.1.00.48) needs some serious attention.

Shame really, as otherwise I'm pleased with the router.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM
NETGEAR User

Anybody know if there is going to be any new firmware for this router or should I throw this pile of **** in the bin.

I have had so many problems with this router that for fixed devices i.e desktop pcs xboxs and ps3s I have used powerline adapters ( not netgear ones) to get over problems with wireless.

If it did what it says on the box it would be a good buy but as it stands its a goodbye.
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:26 PM

Beans is on a distinguished road

I've found an interesting issue with 2.1.00.48_1.00.48 (non-NA) in non-NAT situations.

There are three NAT options in the basic setup screen - Enable, Disable and Disable NAT+Firewall. According to the manual, Disable should disable NAT, but leave the firewall running. There is a bug in this version of the firmware, so selecting Disable sets the default inbound firewall rule to allow, instead of deny.

The netgear support workaround is to roll back to the .42 firmware and wait for a new firmware release. I hope that this helps anyone who tries googling the problem.
Old November 16th, 2011, 03:28 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

johnny3374t is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Will it be a new firmware for this router available? or the support for this model has ended? It's almost a year that the bugs from .48 are known. Is it so hard to fix them?

Regards.
Old November 21st, 2011, 04:55 AM
NETGEAR User

Tried to use this router again as I was trying to set up Live Parental Controls ( couldn't get it to work), tried different firmware versions but none of them seam to have all functions working as advertise. Is there any chance that hte firmware will be updated or is this model now obsolete?

BTW I logged an error report about LPC not working but have had no response, anybody have LPC working on this router and if so what version of the firmware are you using.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:55 AM

Glovepup is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Just bought this router myself as my old 834g was starting to play up.

Anyway, had the same problems as you guys and followed the advice of others about downgrading the firmware. Did that and no improvement.

So I saved the netgear config, edited it using the old data I had and uploaded and hey presto IP addresses being assigned without issue.

The next problem was setting up firewall rules "ip address invalid" turns out the interface does not like chrome. Fine with firefox.

Anyway, hope that helps someone else.
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:29 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

deadite66 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully with the WPS exploit it may prompt netgear to release new firmware with dhcp reservation fixed, won't hold my breath though.

with .42 the disable WPS toggle won't stick.