Old January 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

piedpifr is on a distinguished road
Default DGN3500 Firmware Update

I have a DGN3500. It had firmware version 1.1.00.25 on it. When I used the router upgrade selection to check for a later firmware version, it came back that no new firmware was available.

So I went to the NetGear support page for the DGN3500 and found in the downloads that a new version 1.1.00.28 was available. I had to manually download and install it, since the router upgrade check didn't work.

However in both the 1.1.00.25 and 1.1.00.28 the ADSL modem firmware versions were the same, 4.4.4.1.3.1.

Is that why the router upgrade failed? Does the router upgrade only look at the version number of the ADSL modem?
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:08 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DGN3500 Firmware Update

this is asked so many times.

Router to check the updates is hit & miss with there server. It is better to manual check instead.

in most case it is rare that router upgrade feature in the router will have better firmware version.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

piedpifr is on a distinguished road

Kind of interesting that if this is a frequently asked question that it isn't in the FAQs.
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

rodgerbeard is on a distinguished road

I have a problem trying to handshake properly with my ROKU TV appliance and so I decided to upgrade my DGN3500 firmware to the latest version for North American customers. I was running firmware version V1.1.00.25_1.00.25NA, ADSL firmware version 4.4.4.1.3.1.

I've too just performed the 1.1.00.28 firmware upgrade process manually. Yes, as previously stated, the automatic process, that I assumed was working, did not find the firmware upgrade version 1.1.00.28.

The firmware update was apparently successful. Although there was no pass/fail confirmation message afterwards. That said, my router status page shows exactly the same info as before the firmware upgrade.

This thread does NOT provide the answer to the questions asked previously (and as stated "asked many times before") so I will ask again:

1. What is the design content of firmware v28? Why is the upgrade offered?
2. Did my upgrade from v25 to 28 pass or fail? (Did NetGear just forget to update the embedded version identification info?)

Old July 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM

EANetgear is on a distinguished road

I have an issue with my DGN3500 model. I got my modem with DGN3500 Firmware Version 1.1.00.22. When I did the auto search whilst logged into my modem I had the same issues as the guys above.

However when I've tried downloading version 25 and 28, I couldn't manually install either. It gives me the message "could not load firmware, please check this is the correct model" Not in those words exactly as I did the install a while ago but haven't had the chance to submit this query till now.

Could someone give me some help???

Thanks
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Glitched is on a distinguished road

First do not revive old topics, open a new thread if you have and problems or questions.

Second try loading the *.22 firmware and see if it continues to give you the same error:

http://support.netgear.com/app/produ...del/a_id/12453
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:42 AM

EANetgear is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I will start a new topic regarding this and leave this thread.
Maybe a new topic will have more hits.

Cheers,