Old February 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM

jhtageorge is on a distinguished road
Default Netgear wireless router not working

So, I bought a netgear wireless router about 7 months back and never had problems with it. I've unplugged it before, and never had an issue. last night, the wireless to one of our laptops wasn't connecting, so I unplugged the router, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. Suddenly, everything stopped working. My desktop that ran out of it, the wireless, everything. I've tried unplugging and leaving it for 30 minutes, i tried plugging everything in and even left it over-night to try and figure itself out. I woke up this morning, and it's still not working. I had to connect the internet cable directly to my computer to get my desktop to work. So, does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried hitting the reset button on the back and everything. I called the netgear help line but they said they will not explain what's wrong unless we paid 99 dollars, but they did tell us that it's not the router. It has something to do with some IP address? Does someone know what's wrong?
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:22 AM

jhtageorge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netgear wireless router not working

Oh, and I've tried doing the whole "192.168.0.1 into address bar" or routerlogin.net but it just re-directs me to a netgear page that gets me nowhere.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Beryl is on a distinguished road

I attempted to provide a supportive post but it was not allowed on this thread. Maybe it was due to me linking to another thread. Net: I have the same problem with my router after 8 months. Perhaps this post will be allowed.
Old February 9th, 2011, 04:50 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

reset the router first.

see router reset on my sig below.

then see router setup on my sig below and make sure broadband and router is setup correctly
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM

dodgeramgirl35 is on a distinguished road

Did you ever figure it out? I am having the exact same problem and they are trying to make me buy support.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM

jetserf is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Netgear wireless router not working

Not sure if this will help. I Bought an AC1900 router about 5 months ago after my previous Netgear router died. Everything was fine until this morning when my wife said she couldn't connect to the wifi with her laptop. When I looked at the router the wifi light was out. Tried to turn off and on ( the wifi button), nothing happened. I unplugged the modem and router, waited and turned them back on. Didn't fix it. I plugged the modem directly into my desktop to verify the internet was working. It was working. I then tried the paper clip reset. That didn't work either. I tried everything again including the paperclip reset and the modem finally defaulted to factory settings and the wifi seems to work. Not sure why it didn't work the first time. I held the reset for 10 seconds, manual says at least 7. The only thin I did different was that I held the reset for 30 seconds the second time.