Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old February 10th, 2011, 05:20 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

BigMike497 is on a distinguished road
Default Very Slow Connection with WNDR3400

Just recently upgraded from a Linksys WRT54GS to a Netgear WNDR3400 so that I am able to obtain better Wireless Signal throughout my house. (Had places that wouldn't have signal, my Wireless Printer being one of them.) Had it all set up and running and I am able to connect to the internet but I have notice from speed test that the speeds are around 1/10th of what they used to be with the Linksys or direct connect.

Netgear Router Direct
Down - 0.72 MB/s
Up - 1.68 MB/s
Ping - 24

Neatgear Router Wireless
Down - 0.69 MB/s
Up - 3.24 MB/s
Ping - 29

Direct Connect from Modem
Down - 11.30 MB/s
Up - 9.41 MB/s
Ping - 25

What would cause this. No I do not have anything streaming or downloading. Only things on my network are HP Printer, 2 Tivos, 2 Laptops, 1 Gaming System and a Desktop Computer. Computer Systems and Gaming Systems are not always on. I am also on a PPOE Connection
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Beryl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Very Slow Connection with WNDR3400

This is happening to me and another user. Unfortunately (and perhaps stupidly) we both posted in the "wired" section instead of here.

I have an HP printer, a couple of laptops, a cell phone, iPad, and a TiVo adapter using the wireless router. Resetting the router (I just unplug and wait 10 seconds) each time solves the problem instantly. I'd like to figure out a way to reset the router remotely.

It appears that this is a pervasive issue.
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Beryl is on a distinguished road

Correction: This is happening with my current WNR834B wireless router. I ordered a WNDR3700 hoping the slightly upgraded model will not have this problem.

Maybe not.
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

biohazard42 is on a distinguished road

Have any of you had any success fixing this insanely slow wireless? My WNDR3400 does this almost once a day and the only way to return it to full speed was to unplug the power from the router and plug back in.

My usual download speed is between 20-30 MBPS, but during these 'slowdowns', it drops to under 1 MBPS....which seems similar to your problems.