Old February 16th, 2011, 05:37 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

DBlankenship is on a distinguished road
Default Visio and Netgear router issues

What is up with Visio tvs and Netgear?
Router WPN824N

Tv 55sv3 (latest generation)Visio has replaced thinking thier wireless and network system in set was bad and 2nd Tv has same problem.

Problem: Can see the wireless connection (not locked) but still cant join. Also have wired connection Cat 5 and cannot connect.

Tried already: Replaced Tv set and router firmware rollback,
router and TV reset and reboot.
any ideas on how to set this up to work would be helpful...
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

BayshoreGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visio and Netgear router issues

I am having the same problem with a recently purchased M261VP Vizio Razor tv and my Netgear Rangemax WPN824N. I, along with the help of some Vizio techs have not been able to get this to connect with the router. The network shows up but it will not join. Like the original poster, my tv won't recognize the hard wired Ethernet cable input either.

I'm beginning to think that I just got a lemon of a tv. I'd try again but all the Sam's Club's - stores and online are sold out. Looks like I might be out of luck and have to just return it.

Has anyone else had any success connecting the Vizio internet tv's to a NetGear N router?

Thanks in advance -

P.S. OP I didn't want you to think your the only one out there with the problem.
Old February 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Visio and Netgear router issues

OK - I know I just posted a request for help above but after looking at a few of the other posts for different routers that had connection problems with Vizio internet tv's I was finally able to get this to work on mine.

I found the answers by combining the 8th and 10 th post of the following thread.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=61008
Titled - Problem connecting new vizio to wndr3700

It took two steps -

1) set the static ip address manually on the tv itself - see example in the post #8 referenced above

and

2) make sure the address you just assigned is outside the DHCP range on the router - see example in the post #10 referenced above

My thanks to the posters on that thread!!!!!!!!!

The tv connected and works fine for me after completing those two steps. I hope this helps you out. I think I'm going to let Vizio know about this one. I spent more than a day trying to get this to work.
Old February 17th, 2011, 07:56 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

jimbo0126 is on a distinguished road

I will try this I have the exact same problem with my 55" Vizio and my Wndr37AVv2 or 3700v2 (which is off topic, but why doesn't the box match the sticker on the router).

My Vizio works great with with my old belkin N+ wired with ethernet but won't connect wired or wireless, however it sees all the wireless networks. Works great with my xboxes and wii's. Just wish it would work as seemlessly with the tv.
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

jimbo0126 is on a distinguished road

The fix was money for my ethernet connection, but still will not connect to wireless...at least I have more functionality, still would like to get the wireless working and just out of curiosity...why does one have to set up a static IP outside the IP range to get this to work? Why doesn't it just work the same as my last two routers, pretty much plug an play...?
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

DBlankenship is on a distinguished road

I still have not gotten this issue fixed. I have tried the IP settings change that bayshoreguy did with no luck I have even connected with the ethernet cable which does work as I have connected it to my Sat. sys. with good results. Like I mentioned in the first post I have even had Visio change the TV out but maybe the router is the problem.
Wish someone could help before I have to buy another.....
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo0126 View Post
The fix was money for my ethernet connection, but still will not connect to wireless...at least I have more functionality, still would like to get the wireless working and just out of curiosity...why does one have to set up a static IP outside the IP range to get this to work? Why doesn't it just work the same as my last two routers, pretty much plug an play...?
I'm not sure why the IP has to be set to static on the tv for it to work, but I know you don't want a range inside the dynamic assignment range because you don't want to risk two devices connecting with the same IP address.

By the way, I also had a similar problem with my HP printer not working on a wireless connection. It was working fine with my previous Netgear G router but not with the Netgear N router. I went through the same procedures and assigned a static address outside the IP assignment range and B-I-N-G-O it was working again.

I starting to believe all the problems were caused by the router not the individual devices - (Vizio tv , HP printer) Just my thoughts.
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:14 AM

Twosted is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo0126 View Post
It has to do with your password. For some reason if you use WPA or WPA2 Vizio TVs don't like long passwords or any any spaces in them. I had a really long password key I used and couldn't get it to connect either. I shortened it to about 10 characters without spaces and am now able to connect it via the 5GHz WPA band.
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

jfarmer4 is on a distinguished road

My blue-ray player is connected to a "open" network with no password and it still won't connect. Same problem as you, a Vizio product and a Netgear router.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM

wilkenb is on a distinguished road

try using the folloing to set up the IP address manually

IP 10.0.0.100
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.0.0.1
prefered DNS 4.2.2.1
Alternate DNS 4.2.2.2