Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old April 18th, 2011, 05:45 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

TheBird is on a distinguished road
Unhappy wndr37av connection problems

Good Day all, I am new to posting things here, but I need help. I bought a wndr37av 4 months ago. I am wired to the router. My internet is running slow and not always able to connect through the router. I am using local cable co. with their 10meg package. I am using a motorola sb6120 modem. I called the cable co. first and had them check things on their end. After an hour or so we determined no cable issues. I called Motorola and spent quite a bit of time with them, and we came to the conclusion the is a problem with the router. So I called netgear today, spoke with a very pleasant gal that gave me a case number, and gave me a number to the people that could handle this. Called.. gave case number.. he asked my issue... said it was something that someone could talk to me about, However..I am beyond 90 days that I would have to renew a contract @69.95 or something like that to be able to talk to any one about this. OMG REALLY !!! Its 4 months old !!! any way my prob is My internet drags or doesn't connect all the time wired to router. YES wired to router. I have 2 pcs wired, a ps3 wired, and 1 pc connected to the wireless. I don't get complaints from him. The two pcs that are wired are spotty on their connections. the ps3 (wired to router) signals are up and down.I upgraded firmware about 2 weeks ago to the latest that was recommended on router login page. 1.0.7.98, things were fine for a while. but started having connection problems, I read that a reset was in order. I tried to reset the router with the reset (trying the 30/30/30) as I read about, no avail, logged onto router and reset that way. reconfigured everything and still have problems. I blaze wired directly to modem. I hoped a friendly chat to netgear support would help, oh wait, they can if I give them more money, Very displeased with that. so I am hoping I might be able to get some answers here. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Extremely Frustrated.
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:13 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

roraniel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wndr37av connection problems

I was having the same problem with the WNDR3700 which is the same router. After months of frustration I was told to downgrade the firmware back to WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68NA using a particular procedure. I know you were probably on that firmware and were having problems but I was told the procedure was important. I am no router/network expert but this is what solved this issue for me. Frustrated no more!

There is a sticky thread with links to all firmwares here: (See post #7)

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=61075

and here is the procedure I was given:

Router Firmware Upgrade procedure.
1. Log into the router using the current Username and Password.
2. Under the "Maintenance" section, go to the "Backup Settings" page.
3. Click "Erase" in the "Revert to factory default settings" area.
4. After the router asks for the Username and Password, power cycled the router.
5. Log back into the router using the default Username and Password (see above).
6. Under the "Maintenance" section, go to the "Router Upgrade" page.
7. Click "Browse" in the "Locate and select the upgrade file on your hard disk" area.
8. Locate and select the downloaded firmware file and click "Open", then click "Update".
9. Do absolutely nothing while this is taking place!
10. After the firmware is changed, log back into the router using the default Username and Password.
11. Under the "Maintenance" section, go to the "Backup Settings" page.
12. Click "Erase" in the "Revert to factory default settings" area.
13. Log back into the router using the default Username and Password.
14. Manually configure the router using the settings you saved in the text file you created earlier.
Now when you go to the "Maintenance" section and the "Router Status" page, the "Firmware Version" should reflect the firmware change.

Finally, power cycle the modem and router. Unplugged both. First plug the power into the modem and allow it to finish syncing. Then, plug the power into the router. Give the router a couple extra minutes to finish syncing with the modem.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

LazyStorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wndr37av connection problems

I see alot of us are having this problem, unfortunately you can add me to the list of people having problems with connectivity. My Wndr 37AV loses its wired connection constantly (not using wireless at the moment). The only way is to get it back to turn it off/on. I might try downgrading to old firmware but I will wait a couple of days to see an update become available. Thanks roraniel for posting the steps on how to back to old firmware.