Old April 25th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Voyager907 is on a distinguished road
Default WNDR3400 Blue light dome

I have the Netgear N600 wireless router and am very pleased with the product overall. This model has the flashing blue light dome showing antenna activity which I turned off by clicking the light dome. A few days ago, I noticed the lights would come on, flash for a second or two then shut-off again. This repeats every few minutes or so. I verified the light dome is turned off so I feel the thing is trying to get my attention but I can find nothing in the router log file or any other obvious signs of problems.

Any idea what is going on?

Best regards,
James
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM

Skipp107 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: WNDR3400 Blue light dome

Mine is doing this also...

I checked to see if this was a notification for a firmware update, however the firmware is up to date. Anyone else have an idea OR the answer?
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:45 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

PixelHeart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR3400 Blue light dome

I am having the same issue. It's hard to find a straight answer to this exact issue. Most people just say to turn off the lights by pressing the button but its already off.

I think i read somewhere it's a hardware failure or that its getting to much power from the power adapter.

Just registered on the forums but im still looking for any answers
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

electrojim is on a distinguished road

I just got one of these also. My information is that you don't press the lighted dome to turn the lights on and off. There are eight lights (two sets of four) that indicate both the 2.4GHz transmission and the 5GHz transmission. From the User Interface you can go into the router firmware and turn on or off either tranceiver (I turned off my 5GHz because I don't use it). Pressing the dome has to do with WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) which is another feature of the router, and I'm not sure what it's for or how to use it.
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:49 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

WPS is a simply setup on Wifi connection for Wifi devices that support WPS function.

by pressing WPS on router, it will wait the initiation of the wifi devices to connect. In the back of router and in router interface there is PIN code that you use. This NOT same as your encryption key you create.

Here is some pro/cons
http://support.netgear.com/app/answe...a_id/96/kw/wps
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:50 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Rest user posted in this threads.. if the setting seems not working correctly. please contact support at my.negear.com for exact function you should be expecting.
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:26 AM

User582258 is on a distinguished road

Should the wireless light be blue? Or green? I am having trouble connecting my PC to the internet - I had to hardwire my laptop to the router in order to get online. Any thoughts?