Old April 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

SeaRayCharles is on a distinguished road
Default WNDR vs. iPhone 4 solution?

I have struggled with my iPhone 4 working on my home wireless network using the WNDR3700 but have finally found a configuration that works wonders! I thought I would pass this along incase anyone else wants to try.

iPhone = OS 4.3.2
WNDR = V.1.0.7.98NA

I have WPA+WPA2 on both the 2.4 and 5 networks. With this setup, I have been able to use e-mail and web on iPhone with no issues but very spotty on other apps.

I setup a 3rd network using the GUEST feature dedicated to my iPhone, iTouch, iPad etc.. using the WEP encryption. I also am using static IP for those devices and manually entered the DNS of my ISP vs. the router address and all is running better then ever.

From reading many posts, it appears that 4.3.X and maybe some other versions are having issues with WPA or WPA2 and by using the GUEST network for a simple WEP network, I have found a great workaround until the issues are fixed in the futre. I know this may not work for aeveryone but it work for me so I figured I would share.
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

ogni65 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR vs. iPhone 4 solution?

Strange, as I always had problems with WEP and Apple ixxx and since I use wpa2 all is ok
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

SmokinX is on a distinguished road

When switching between WPA and WPA2 you have to delete the profile, otherwise it can get confused. Go to your wireless network in Settings/Wifi and press the blue arrow on the right next to your network. Select forget this network on top.
Then reconnect to the newly configured network (with WPA2 only of course) and all should work fine.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Scandy is on a distinguished road

I have been using my iphone4 with the WNDR3700 for a long time now with no issues at all (purchased iPhone on 10-26-2010). I have always used WPA2-PSK [AES] wireless security.

WNDR3700V1 = V1.0.7.98NA
iPhone4 = 4.3.1

There is no need to use the inferior WEP security. Also, I have been using the DHCP server in the 3700 and have not had the need to set a static IP address. Not sure why you are having problems and I am not.
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

GAtkins is on a distinguished road

4.3.1 works for me too, but I'm on .68.

Glenn
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Maltz is on a distinguished road

Do you happen to have the SSID's the same on the 2.4 and 5GHz networks? I've seen that cause problems sometimes. If so, try changing the SSID's to two different names.

FWIW, I've never had any problems with iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 models with the WNDR3700's.