Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:08 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

jwalker is on a distinguished road
Default Netgear Model: WNR2000-100NAS

Hi,
New to this forum. I just purchased this router. I had a DLink G router before. This one offers much faster speeds when compared to the D Link. Wirelessly, my speeds are really the same as wired. I have Comcast cable.
Upload speeds @ 21 MBPS
Download Speeds @ 4 MBPS

I recently purchased a verizon network extender for my cell phone to get better signals in my house. This is where I have issues. My calls are sometimes broken up. I was told that my old router didnt support QOS and that I would need to get a new one....so I did. the NetGear WNR2000.
Here are my VOIP sped test results using http://www.voipreview.org/voipspeedtester.aspx

Why does the download speed show 1.1MB out of 14 available)?
My consistance of service is all over the place...sometimes 50%, 35%, 70%...I was told this is an issue.
Summary

This report refers to a connection test carried out by IP address 174.59.116.44 on 18 May 2011 4:01:48 GMT-07:00.

Upstream jitter 1.6 ms
Downstream jitter 0.4 ms
Upstream packet loss 0.0 %
Downstream packet loss 0.0 %
Upstream packet order 100.0 %
Downstream packet order 100.0 %
Packet discards 0.0 %
MOS 4.1
REGISTER ms 776 ms
INVITE ms 783 ms
BYE ms 2 ms
Test All Plugins

SO my questions is "can I change the router settings to help"?

I did go in and make changes to priority and I gave my laptop and the verizon network extender the highest prioroty....but I beleive I still get bad results on Consistancy of service on my speed tests.

Thanks
Jeff
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:52 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

sadchild is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Netgear Model: WNR2000-100NAS

Jeff,

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. But I do have a question.

Are you still able to run a Verizon Samsung Network Extender through the Netgear WNR2000?

I don't want to buy the extender if it doesn't work with the WNR2000, or at least I'll know I have to buy another router if I do...

Thanks.