Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old August 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

mohare is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Live Parental Controls ?

I haven't been able to get Live Parental Controls to work on my DGND3700. Netgear has told me that the DGNG3700 does not support live parental controls, per the compatability list here: http://countries.netgear.com/lpc (then FAQs). But, the product website says LPC is supported here: http://www.netgear.com/home/products.../DGND3700.aspx. VERY CONFUSING.

So, is LPC available on the DGND3700 or not????
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:31 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road

What kind of explanation do they give with regard to the conflicting information?

It would not seem to be fair if someone were to purchase this unit believing it can support LPC (based on info on the 2nd link) only to be told later by Netgear that it does not. Nothing less than a 100% refund with no shipping/handling charges incurred would be satisfactory.
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:38 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I've been told by Netgear that Live Parental Controls is not available on the DGND3700. But that someone could get it to start at all implies that isn't true. Any updates on this topic?
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Sorry about my second post; I didn't know my first one actually worked (new to the forum, obviously). Back to the reply to my first post....

There was no explanation, just reiterating the DGND3700 is not on the compatable list. No offers of any thing more, not even an explanation of why this might be, or indication they will update the site at the 2nd link. I'm kind of at a loss what to do. I just want the LPC to work on the router I spent the time to set up!
Old August 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road

Why agonize and waste more time. What you must do is clear as I see it.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

bilbonvidia is on a distinguished road

Does it not even say that it is supported on the box? I think it does, not got access to the box right now though.

I am having the original issues as per this thread and it does work for me until the router is re-booted. Not once have netgear said to me that LPC is not supported on this device in my recent dealings over this issue.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road

sounds like firmware needs to published to fix this issues if rebooting is fixing your issues
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

bilbonvidia is on a distinguished road

I think now that this may ave been a lie.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:13 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

CapeTownMac is on a distinguished road

I'm really pleased that someone else has posted a thread like this. I have tried posting in this forum and elsewhere but have had no helpful responses. Here are the facts as I know them (I have a DGN2200 but I think the same applies to other model numbers) :

Netgear Live Parental Controls do not stay enabled at all times and will randomly stop working for no apparent reason. More often than not, if you restart your router the lpc will stop working but sometimes the lpc stop working at random. This should not be caused by a change in the IP address as the router is supposed to cope with this automatically.

Many people might not realize that this is happening because the management utility still reports the lpc as "enabled" even though they have stopped working. In order to get the lpc working again you need to "disable" the router and then re "enable" it.

I have contacted Netgear support both online and telephonically but the quality of the support is very poor. Of the three people I spoke to on the telephone (after paying $35 for premium support) none could speak English properly and not one was familiar with the term "live parental controls" so they could obviously not help.

If anyone finds a resolution please post it here.

Many thanks.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:15 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

CapeTownMac is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same issue and have seen other people report it. I doubt very much if it is a hardware fault - it just doesn't make sense that this would be the case. If you've exchanged yours and it now works please let me know.