Old June 25th, 2011, 11:44 PM

poppe is on a distinguished road
Default Can not connect to WN3000 Range extender

I'm trying to install a Range extender WN3000 and everything seems to be ok but when I try to connect to the extender my laptop gives me the answer: "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network xxxxx-EXT"
All lights on the extender are green. I run Windows XP on the laptop.
Am I doing something wrong ?
How can I resolve this ?
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:30 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

andygear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can not connect to WN3000 Range extender

Are you using WEP for security mode? There is an issue with Windows XP on WEP which identify your security as radius authentication.

Please either
1) Change your WEP security on your PC manually. (On your control panel --> Network Connection --> Wireless adapter --> Properties --> Wireless --> Option --> Change your security key (Hex key) here.
2) Login to www.mywifiext.com, change security mode to WPA/WPA2-PSK mode, and setup your PC as WPA/WPA2-PSK mode

Last edited by Mars Mug; July 23rd, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

drgadget is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Can not connect to WN3000 Range extender

I'm so over the WN3000RP. I am using a Mac and Win 7 PCs and no matter what I do trying to get it working with a Netgear WNDR4000 ... no go. The manual bears no relation to the so-called Wizard on my WN3000RP ... so much so that even the aerials and 'Netgear' are upside down ... maybe that's 'cause it's a version for the Australian market. LOL. I think I will be taking this one back to the retailer .... The WNDR4000 is okay in that it is dual band and Apple gear can handle 5Ghz ... but my old WNR3500 with 9 aerials was faster by a long shot.

Last edited by Mars Mug; July 23rd, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: Can not connect to WN3000 Range extender

OK ... finally got in via Ethernet cable ... configured the WN3000RP (Extender) and made sure I used static IP 192.168.1.250 as the WNDR4000 (Router) kept allocating 192.168.1.2. Now I can get to the WN3000RP from any device but only through the router. I still cannot connect any devices (Mac, Android, etc) to the Internet via the Extender ... none of them will actually connect.
Yes, all lights are green and as I use Access Control I have made sure the devices' MAC addresses appear in the Access Control list on both the router and the Extender. I must be frustratingly close, but it has devoured more time than any piece of technology I have bought ... well, close to ...

Last edited by Mars Mug; July 24th, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 03:30 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Got WN3000 Range extender working

OK ... thanks to Jack, I got the Extender working with the WNDR4000 router by turning Access Control OFF on the router. That seems a less than ideal solution as it reduces security. Surely Netgear can do better than that!!