Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Storage, Entertainment, Print Servers & VOIP Devices > Multimedia Entertainment Devices > PTV1000/PTV2000 Forum

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

pulp is on a distinguished road
Question Skype and PTV2000 - Working 4 U?

So for a laugh, I hid in my office while the kids were YouTubing on the family room HDTV via the most excellent PTV2000 + laptop, and I tried an iPhone4 Video Skype to the laptop. It didn't work, wanted me to change the resolution. I tried every resolution possible, still no go.

I wrote it off to WiDi needing to use the discreet GPU as opposed to the heavy horsepower of the ATIRadeon GPU and LIVE video just couldn't be handled without it but I see someone had success:

"Skype works pretty well if you want to see the person on the remote side on the TV screen. The remote person should have a good quality webcam for a good experience."

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread...ighlight=Skype

What do you think I need to set to get Skype working?
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:47 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: Skype and PTV2000 - Working 4 U?

Today's firmware updates didn't fix the Skype problem but I confirmed my suspicions. Switching to Power-Saving Intel GPU creates a conflict for Skype on the PTV2000 AND the laptop. It won't render video. When using the High-Performance GPU, all is fine and dandy on the laptop. Of course, you can't run the PTV2000 on the greater horsepower! Stuck between a rock and a hard place.... LOL Good thing it was just for a laugh.

Old June 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Oh, do please send me the fix if you have one. I would like to do Skype them sometime!
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Can ALL of you Skype with the PTV2000? I just want to know if it's possible or not.
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:14 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

vmr is on a distinguished road

I have successfully used the latest Skype version with WiDi on my Toshiba Portege R835-P50x laptop with PTV 2000. It has only Intel HD graphics. I had to set the Skype Audio output to use the WiDi audio driver.