Old September 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM

BiddiSpo is on a distinguished road
Default Setup: No Ready For Connection Screen

I connected the Push2TVHD to my TV via HDMI and to the power source. Then turned on my TV and select the correct video source. I then toggled the Push2TV power switch on; after about 10 seconds, I got an Intel WI-FI logo. That stayed on the screen for a few seconds, then it went to a blank dark blue screen. The "Ready for Connection" screen never displays.

The cables are secure and source is correct; after all, I can see the Intel logo.

On my laptop, the Intel WiDi software sees the adapter (signal strenth 3), but if I try to connect, it asks me for the PIN. But obviosly I don''t know what it is, since my screen is just a blank, dark blue.

Any ideas?
Old September 17th, 2011, 02:48 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

StephenB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Setup: No Ready For Connection Screen

I am thinking that the WiFi logo is a boot image, only displayed while the real firmware is booting up. At the end of the boot sequence, the hdmi output needs to be resynced (and the TV mode potentially changes).

Does switching the TV to a different input (and back) result in seeing a picture? Or perhaps turning the TV off/on? BTW, does the TV support 1080p?

Assuming the TV has 1080p support, and the input toggle doesn't work, I would call support. Possibly there is a way to reflash the firmware (or RMA the unit).
Old September 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM

I think you landed on the problem. According to the TV's manual, it does 1080i; not 1080p. I assume the Push2TV will not downgrade to "i".

Thanks for that info. If I may change subjects here, I then hooked it up to a TV in the house that does do have 1080p. It then gave me the correct screens and I got the security PIN. However, I'm still stuck in a bad place. Now when the Intel WiDi sees the adapter when it does a scan, and it tries to connect. When it tries to connect, the laptop screen changes to a lower resolution for a moment, then back to the normal high res and gives me a dialogue that says "Unable to send desktop to remote display". Please try restarting the appication. If the problem persists, please try re-isntalling Intel WiDi.

I have do both those things, to no avail.

On the TV the screen changes from awating connection, to connecting, and then either back to awating connection, or do 'failed to get an IP address'.

I've checked the FireWall on the laptop, it and WiDi and WireDHCP are both allowed, public and private.

Any troubleshooting idea now???
Old September 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM

Turnsn out, even though my Dell XPS 15z is only a few months old and meets all the system requirements, in fact, Push2TV HD is not compatibile with it. So I have to try to take it back. Bummer.